Monday 25 April 2022

Longest Run of Training Thus Far - 10 kms.(April 24, 2022)

I planned on getting out early for my run this morning but after finishing my coffee, my tummy wasn't feeling the best.

So I decided to have a bit to eat, wait an hour and then head out.

I still wasn't feeling great but decided to just go out anyway and take it really slow.

I figured if I at least got a shorter run done, it would be better than nothing.

I also kind of knew that if I could at least get started, that I would likely do the whole 10k I needed to and I was right. 

This is the longest run I've had to do on my marathon training to date so I decided to bring along a gu to see how it would go both eating it while running and with my belly situation.

I had it around the 6 k mark and it was kind of hard to eat but I managed.

I didn't really enjoy the taste of it but it didn't bother my belly at all which is good to know.

It ended up being a gorgeous day out there - I even had to wear shades.

I made sure that when I did my run today that I did NOT avoid the hills.
They are good for my training and since I was taking it really slow, they weren't actually that bad.

My exercise stats - my average heartrate was 152 bpm - I'm really enjoying running this way, taking it slow.

My average pace was 8.07 but I think that was a bit off.

As you can see, the 6th km was way higher than all the rest.

That's because I had to stop for a bathroom break.

I thought I paused my fitbit but apparently I didn't do it properly!

My video check in for today.
It was another great run - I think the weather has a major affect on how much I enjoy my runs.

We still have plenty of snow but it was melting away today.
Shouldn't be long now until it's completely gone!

I felt great on my run but as soon as I got home, I started feeling crappy again.
I had all these plans on things I wanted to do today and all I ended up doing was laundry.

I discovered that I missed a whole season of Call the Midwife so I spent most of my day watching that.

I didn't track my food on WW today but I did abstain from eating any chocolate.
I know my weigh in tomorrow is not going to be good.
I'm disappointed in myself but starting tomorrow, I'm going to make a real effort to eat properly and track.
Enough is enough.
I've done it before so I know I can do it - time to stop procrastinating is now!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment