Friday 15 April 2022

Happy 50th To Me! (April 12, 2022)

Today is my 50th birthday!

 I thought turning 50 was going to bother me, but it hasn't at all.

I feel great, life is good - it's just hard to believe I'm 50, so weird to really think about.

Jason gave me a gift before I even got out of bed this morning.
A hand-made card.

With one of his romantic sentiments.
Ha ha.
He always knows how to make me laugh, that's for sure.

So we are off to NYC next month and I'm excited, I didn't think we were going to get there this year!

He also bought me tickets to Six on Broadway which I've been really wanting to see so that's pretty thrilling.

I weighed in just to see where I'm starting my 50's at.
192.2 lbs.
Up a bit from yesterday but that's ok, I am a work in progress and I know if I just keep at it this number is going to shrink.

When I arrived at the office I could see that the girls had decorated for me.
This is my office window.

Looks like the decorations spilled right out into the front lobby.

Aww.

The hallway leading down to my office.

We keep re-using the same pictures each time someone has a birthday but they are still fun to read each time.

The door to my office.

I don't think I'm over the hill yet, I feel like I've just reached the top of the hill!

I hope I continue to cheat death for another 50 more years!

Looks festive in there.

There were balloons and posters every where.

They even decorated the chair.

My computer screens.

My desk.

They had my screens and my chair wrapped with streamers.

And confetti all over my desk.

My cabinets.

More posters.

Even Elmo was holding a fifty!

This one doesn't really make sense but I still think it's funny.

Ha ha, this one makes me laugh.

Yup, I am!

😁😁😁

Then I had to go to the washroom and they even had posters up in there.

I don't quite feel like I've reached Geezer status yet.

Bonnie and Sharon stayed late after work yesterday to decorate for me and they said John even stayed and helped them out.

I was feeling pretty great today so I figured I'd take a selfie.
(I wore my work out clothes to work so I'd be able to jump on the treadmill immediately at lunch time to get my work out in).

Side view.

Back view.

I might have turned 50 today but I feel young, I feel like I'm in the best shape of my life.

It was super cold out there today and windy and there was no part of me that wanted to go out and run in that.
I knew going on the treadmill with no tv for a 5 mile run was going to be a struggle and it was but I did it.

Sweaty selfie.

Video check in for today.
I had a massage booked for after work so I had to shower up right after my workout and so that made me a bit late getting back to the office after lunch but I'll make up for it tomorrow.

Time for a massage - not a bad way to spend a birthday!

Kody made supper and brought a plate over for Mom and I.
How thoughtful of him!

My handsome boy.

Freya painted my nails for me.

 she did a great job!

After supper, my brother Rob stopped by to wish me a Happy Birthday and he brought me over a little tub of ice cream as a birthday treat.

Freya was very willing to help me open it.

Grandma and her girl.

Sharing my ice cream with me.

Freya wanted to spend the night and Jason is off tomorrow so we let her.
Kind of a quite night for my birthday but we are going to have everyone over on Sunday night for supper and we'll celebrate then.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment