Monday 19 July 2021

Surprise Result (July 15, 2021)

 Mom needed to go down to the lab to do a urine sample today and I needed to go for bloodwork so as soon as they opened at 9, we headed down there.

When we got there - she told me the doctor had ordered a urine sample for me as well.

We got that all done then I headed home and back to work.

The doctor called me around noon to tell me that mom's results were back and she had a very bad infection and he wanted to treat her with an iv for the next 7 days.

She's heading to NS on Sunday night so the most we will be able to get in is 4 which he said will be better than nothing.

So I had to take her back down there this afternoon to emergency to get the iv treatment.

I dropped her off and headed to the office to work and told her to call me to pick her up when she was done.

When I got to work, I had a call from the hospital - I thought they were calling for me to come pick up mom but turns out they got my urine tests back and I have an infection too.

So weird.

I've never had one before and I don't have any symptoms at all.

It was kind of a busy day for me - I didn't really take a lunch since I was back and forth to the hospital a few times so I headed out for my run at the end of the day.

I just wanted to get at least 5k in and I did 6 so felt good about that.

The exercise details for today's run.

And the splits.

When I got home, I cooked up supper for Jason and I.
I wanted it to be ready for when he got home from work.

I cooked up the new potatoes we'd gotten at the farmers market over the weekend.

I made a sour cream sauce his mom makes with garlic, parsley, green onions and dill in it.
It is very garlicy but so good.

I also made shrimp and and everything bagel salad.

We might have to look into growing our own potatoes next year - new potatoes just taste so fabulous.

Saw a tutorial for this on Facebook and I thought it was so cute.
I need to get back to making stuff, my shelf at the hardware is practically empty.

I'm heading in to the city in the morning for my ultra sound on my knees so I made arrangements with my brothers to get mom to her iv treatment tomorrow and since I was leaving early, decided to bring my running clothes with me and try to fit in a run while I'm there.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment