Thursday 1 July 2021

Family Pictures (June 27, 2021)

We were up and out for a run first thing this morning.


It was pretty hot out there so we both agreed that a short run would be enough for today.

My splits.
I was feeling pretty good at the 3k mark and thought I could have went further but that's when I turned and headed back and as you can see, the heat was starting to get to me, plus the way back was uphill.
 
I was happy to meet back up with My Honey.

We did our cool down walk together back to the house.

It's so pretty here.

The house.

The clay oven and the garden.
His parents have an amazing garden.

The row of trees by the fence has grown so much since I first started coming here.

Bertha (Jason's mom) keeps the bottoms of the trees trimmed and they look so nice.

The oven was finally cooled down enough to get it covered back up.

His mom takes such good care of it, I think that's the main reason why it's staying in such good condition.

They really have such a nice, peaceful place here, wish we could stay a few more days.

I've been wanting a picture of Jason and his parents for my gallery wall so I made them pose for one for me today.

This one is the keeper.
I'm going to get it printed out and finally my gallery wall will be complete!

Just because we were out there, I got Bertha to take a picture of Jason and I too.

I've always loved the door on this shed - it's pretty cool.

We had some breakfast/lunch - one more slice of gingerbread cake, then we packed up and headed out.

We were driving along and I saw what looked like a statue of a moose by the trees.
As we passed it, I realized it actually was a moose and she had a baby with her.
They stayed there in the grass so we turned around and went back to take a picture.

Jason snapped this one.

Zoomed in.

That was all he could get though then they were running off into the woods.

There was a graffiti filled train that we passed along the way.

Some of the art is pretty impressive.

We stopped in Peace River to get a few things at Walmart.
I picked up a few petunias because they were so pretty.
We checked a few stores looking for a swimming pool but everyone is sold out - not surprising as we are in the middle of a heat wave.

As soon as we got home, the first thing I did was repot the petunias I'd picked up.

It was a hot drive so I wanted to make sure I got them some water right away.

Mom watered my other plants while I was gone and between that and all the heat and sunshine they've been getting, they were looking gorgeous when we pulled into the driveway.

They just filled in beautifully.

The lower one on this table was looking terrible when we left so I was pretty impressed that it came back so well.

Haylee, Kody and Freya were camping over the weekend with her mom and grandparents.

We were hoping we could have Freya over for the night tonight, we've missed her so much but they were going to be getting home late.

Tomorrow night instead.

Haylee did post some pictures of their weekend so I thought I would share.
Looks like they had a good time.

Freya and Zepplyn.
Can't believe Haylee got her to leave a ponytail in.
They look so cute on her but she normally pulls them out immediately.

Jumping.

Making silly faces.

Ha ha - more silly faces.

Kody doing some fishing.

Just soaking up the sunshine together.

They did some swimming.

Freya just chilling on a floatie.

Campfires are a must when camping.

They both look so sunkissed - it's a good look!

My sweet girl - she's looking so grown up.

I like Zepplyn's hair like this back in barrets - you can see her beautiful face better!

I saw this on Instagram - I'd love to make something just like someday, possibly in a summer cottage or something.

Cute!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment