Thursday 1 July 2021

Splash Park Kind of Day (June 29, 2021)

 Sleeping in the basement last night sure was nice.

I think we all slept much better than we would have upstairs.

Freya woke up pretty early this morning and she was ready to get up.

So by the time Jason headed out for his run this morning, she was ready for a nap.
She just slept in my lap while I worked.
I didn't mind one little bit - I could watch her sleep all day long.


Since I had to cut my run short yesterday, I decided to head out again today at lunch.

However, the same thing happened again.

I got a bit further this time but by the 4th km, I was needing to go to the bathroom.
I thought if I just kept going, the urge would subside, it didn't.

I really wanted to at least make it to 5k but I just couldn't.

When I run, it's like it jiggles everything around and just makes it all worse so I had to stop and walk the rest of the way home at the 4.78 km mark.

As you can see, that last .78 was tough.
At least I got a bit of a run in so I feel good about that.

I got Freya to try on the other outfit I'd picked up for her.
They are really nice, light material so I think she likes him.

I told her to do a pose for me and this is what I got.

She just loves being goofy.

My beautiful girl.

After work, we all went for a walk to the park.

Randy and Zepplyn just happened to be at the park so that was good.
They played around in the splash park for a bit then went to play on some of the other stuff.

Like this climbing rock.
I offered to help Zepp but she wanted Jason.

They all made it to the top.

Mountain climbers in the making perhaps?

They were both stuck to Jason like glue.

It was so hot out that eventually they made their way back to the splash park.

It took her a bit to get up the courage to go in the water but once she did, she was all about it.

Trying to get Jason to stand under the water.

Splash park fun.

Got him!

It was so hot that we were all going through the water and it felt so good.

It was too hot to cook so we ordered Chicken Caesar Salads from Sammy's to go.
We dropped Freya off at home then stopped and picked up our supper.

We sat out on the swing to eat - I'm just loving the weather.

While I was sitting there eating, I was looking at Facebook and this memory popped up from when we were in NYC a couple years ago and I'm just amazed at the difference.

So I had to do a side by side just to compare.

I'm so thankful that I've taken the steps I needed to in order to become a healthier version of myself.
I feel good about myself and the way I look and I haven't been able to say that for years.


We'll be sleeping in the basement again tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment