Monday 19 July 2021

Maiden Voyage on the Kayaks (July 12, 2021)

Weigh in day!

I was expecting to be up a bit. 

I was.
183 lbs.

So that was up 2.8 lbs since last week.

I didn't get in as much activity over the weekend as I would have liked too but aside from that - I don't feel too badly.
I'll get this knocked back off in no time.

I feel like its two steps forward and one step back for me in this weight loss journey right now but at least overall, I'm still going in the right direction.

Down 90lbs which is still a great accomplishment and I'm not done yet!

I got ready for to head out for a run.
Took some selfies first.
Even though I'm up in my weight this week, I'm still feeling pretty good about how I'm looking.

Side view.

Back view.
Geez - I just can't keep that mirror clean!

I tacked a few extra little loops onto my run today.
I didn't get a long one in yesterday so I wanted to make up for that a bit but I only have an hour long lunch hour so I wanted to be cognizant of that.

it did take me a bit longer than the hour but I'll make up for that and work later today.

My average pace was up, it felt harder today - I think maybe because I hadn't eaten and I was starting to feel the energy depletion.

I had a leftover burger and some salad for lunch when I got home.

I worked until around 2:25 then headed up to the hospital as I had booked a doctors appointment for 2:30.
I wanted to talk to him about my right foot, I think I'm getting a bunion.
Also, I asked him about my knees which have been bothering me and a little bump I have on my head that has recently gotten bigger.

He sent me for xrays on my foot and my knees.
He also wants me to go get an ultrasound on my knees.
He said since the bump on my head isn't fixed and can kind of move that it is nothing to worry about.
I could have it removed for cosmetic reasons if I wanted but I don't.
He is also sending me for a full blood work up just because it's been a while since I had that done.
So I got a lot accomplished today!

I worked the rest of the afternoon and actually worked late to make up for my run and my appointment then Jason and I decided to take the kayaks out for their maiden voyage.

We are fortunate enough to have several lakes very nearby to choose from and today we picked Edith.

There wasn't a soul around except for us.

I've never been here before believe it or not and I've lived here for coming on 14 years.

It was just so peaceful.

Jason was able to get a few shots of me.

I would have like to get a few of him but I was too nervous to bring my phone with me thinking I might tip or drop it into the lake.
Once I got on the water though - I realized that it wasn't tippy at all so next time, I think I will bring my phone out with me, I'll just keep it in a ziploc baggie or something.

The sun sparkling on the water was so pretty.

We kayaked around the whole lake - it would be super calm one minute, then rippled with waves the next but nothing too choppy.

What a lovely, peaceful way to spend an evening.

Getting out was a bit harder than getting in.
Jason got out first and ended up dropping his camera in the water but he rescued it right away and shook out as much water as he could.

He is going to put it in rice when we get home and hopefully he can save it.

I think we may need to look into getting different paddles.
I just picked up the cheapest ones I could find but they are kind of short so they'd drip water on me, I was soaked by the time we finished.
Luckily it was really nice and warm out so that didn't matter.

After we left Edith Lake, we went and checked out another lake by the old town site.
It was a really nice lake too.

This one even had a dock so I think we'll try it out next time.
There are at least 5 different lakes here within 20 minutes from the house so we are going to try all of them out.

Being active sure feels good.

Jason had made borscht today and when we got back from kayaking, we had a bowl.
OMG - it was delicious.

He also made us sticky toffee pudding milkshakes.
He made the sticky toffee pudding for dessert last night and it was so good.

Normally when it comes to sweet stuff, I can either ignore it all together or have just one serving and I'm satisfied - it can be around and it doesn't bother me.

But not this dessert - I just couldn't resist it so I'm glad it got used up.

City and Color is going on tour.
We saw them once and really enjoyed it.
Might buy tickets to this one when they go on sale.
We both posted pictures of our kayaking excursion on Instagram.
Jason thought the way our comments differed was kind of funny.
This was mine.

This was his.

I love pineapple on my pizza personally but I know some pizza enthusiasts think it's a crime.

I actually like my job but still found this amusing.

Another one that made me laugh.

What a great idea!
Making a giant splash pad out of wood and a tarp.
I might try this one out.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment