Monday 19 July 2021

Ultra Sound and Run in St Albert (July 16, 2021)

 I wanted to be on the road by 7:30 and it was 7:35 when I pulled out of town so right on time!

My appointment wasn't until 11:15 but I wanted to stop at Giant Tiger in Westlock and have a look at their active wear.

It is all on sale right now - each item was $5, $6 or $7 so I picked out a bunch of stuff.

Got a pretty good haul!

The canola is blooming and I always think it looks so pretty.

My appointment for the ultra sound took about a half hour.
She didn't tell me anything about what she saw but said my doctor should have the results within a couple days.
He said once he got everything back, he would call me in to discuss so I guess I'll just wait to hear from him.

Since I was so close by it - I decided to walk over to Jack's Burger Shack for lunch after my appointment.

I waffled between the peanut butter burger and the bbq chip one and in the end decided to go with the bbq chip one.

OMG - it was so good.
The burger was salty, the chips were crispy, the bun was nice and soft.

I loved it.

I didn't have any sides, just the burger so now I really have to make sure I go for that run later to burn it off.
It was so worth it!

One of the things I really wanted to do today was get mom a suitcase for her birthday.

These are the options I narrowed it down too.

I sent her the pictures to choose but she couldn't see them for some reason.

This is the one I was kind of leaning towards but when I described it to Mom she didn't seem that crazy about it.

This one was pretty wild looking but I though it would for sure stand out on the luggage carousel at the airport.

In the end, this one won out.
I think she'll like it and it's still a bright color so it will still stand out.

I made all the stops that I needed to then headed back to St Albert mall and parked in the back by Sport Check.

I went in the mall and changed into my running gear then I headed out for a run on the trails.

I wanted to get at least 5k in, ended up doing over 8.

The exercise details.

This is only the second time that I've had an average pace under the 7 mark so I was proud of that.
It was hilly in spots but I felt really good.

I almost got taken out by some kind of water creature.

It came bolting out of the grass and I tripped over it, thank goodness there happened to be a fence there because I fell onto that.

At first I thought it was a dog, it was black and looked about the size of a cocker spaniel.

It all happened so fast that by the time I recovered from my almost fall and looked around, it was disappearing into the water.

So I'm thinking it might have been a beaver or maybe a muskrat.
It was a pretty good size and it felt pretty solid.

Nobody was around to see it happen - I think it's the only 'almost' fall I wish someone had been around to witness so I could have asked them if they knew what kind of animal it was!

Oh well - it shook me up a little for a few moments but then I righted myself and kept right on running.

They are lucky to have such nice trails here - If I lived nearby, I'd be using them all the time.

This is one of the new tops I picked up today at Giant Tiger - I love the bright color.
I also got floral print leggings at Winners and I love, love, love them.

After my run, I headed home.
I stopped for gas and picked up a bag of trail mix to snack on on my drive home.
That stuff I swear is my kryptonite - I can't put it down.
I was smart though and only got a small bag of it!

I had picked up a roasted chicken for supper but forgot that I'd also gotten sandwiches for mom and Jason at the Italian market.

So they ate those for supper and I just snacked on popcorn.
The trail mix is filling at least.

I was planning on having Freya over for the night but when I called Kody, he said she was already in bed so I'll have her tomorrow night instead.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment