Tuesday 13 July 2021

Off To The City For A Few Days With Our Girl (July 8, 2021)

Our summer Fridays off start this week so today is my Friday (Yay)!

I so look forward to these each year, having a 4 day work week is awesome.

It was looking like it was going to be a scorcher out there today so I decided to get ready and head out for my run a little earlier today and I'll just work through lunch.

I got my nice bright yellow shirt on - I like wearing bright colors since I run on the highway - anything to make me more noticeable to oncoming vehicles!
Took some selfies before heading out.
Front view.

Side view.

Back view.

I was going to try getting a long run in today so I started off with my regular route then changed it up a bit at the end thinking it would add some on.
It ended up not really adding that much on but that's ok, still got 8.5k in.

Exercise Details.

My average pace and splits.
Kind of just staying around the same.

I went down to the office and worked for the rest of the day after my run.
I was super busy this afternoon trying to get some work done before the weekend so it sped by pretty quickly which was nice.

I stopped and picked up Freya on my way home.
We are heading into the city tonight when Jason gets off work and she is coming with us.
(Jason should be on days off but he worked for a guy today who needed the day off for an appointment).

I packed and loaded up the car and tried to get everything ready so that when he got home all he had to do was pack then we could head out.

I found us a hotel room that had a pool and booked it.
I ended up finding one in downtown Edmonton so we can run by the river valley.

Kody dropped by before we left and hooked Freya's car seat up for me - I was struggling and wanted to make sure all was safe.

We headed out of town a bit later than we planned so a few stops I had wanted to make had to be skipped as the stores were closed.
We had a bit of trouble finding a place that was open to eat at too so we stopped at Walmart and got snacks instead.
I also picked up a dress and bathing suit for Freya.

It was close to midnight by the time we got to the hotel to check in.
Freya was being so friendly, saying hi to everyone when we got to the hotel.
The hotel clerk said that he'd been having a really bad day and she just cheered him up so much and made her day.
That was so nice.

We called Daddy when we got in our room to let him know that we made it ok and to say Good Night.
I knew he was a bit unsure about us taking her for two days and he was really going to miss her, but he was going to be working most of it anyway and we promised to keep in close touch so he was ok about it all in the end.

We had some of our snacks we'd picked up then we hit the hay.

Bonnie mentioned that her daughter was having a yard sale this weekend and I asked if she happened to have a life jacket that would fit Freya for me to buy.
She sent me this - she did have one and she's just going to give it to me.
That was so kind of her.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment