Thursday 22 July 2021

New Shoes (July 21, 2021)

I had to run downtown this morning so I popped by the post office to grab the mail for the office and my own.

I had a couple parcels in and one of them was the new runners I ordered.

 


I love the color and the look of them.
I'm not sure how they are going to be for running but I'm going to give them a try.

I opted to get on the treadmill today instead of heading outside to run.
It just wasn't nice out and I wasn't feeling it for whatever reason.

I decided to do my workout a bit earlier in the day too and figured I'd just work through lunch.

I thought if I ran straight through that I could get 8k in.

It was harder to do than I thought and I kept getting phone calls that I had to stop for.
I did have a new personal best though.

I think this is the fastest I've ever run 5k (my treadmill is in Miles so that's why it says 3.2).
I stopped just so I could get a picture of it.

Then I ran just a little bit more.
I didn't reach the 8k mark but I got over 5k so I settled with that.
I had a meeting at 11:30 so I had no choice but to stop.

The new shoes were ok on the treadmill but the real test will be when I take them for an outdoor run.

I got really good and sweaty which is the sign of a good workout to me.

I had my 11:30 meeting then I got ready to head down to the office for the afternoon.

I just love the color of this new shirt I got from Giant Tiger for $7 bucks.

It's so nice and bright - it reminds me of sunshine.

Had to get a side view shot.

And a back view.

Nadine popped down to the office this afternoon so I could print something off for her and she gave me a nice compliment, she said I was looking 'skinny'. 
Not sure if I've ever been told that before?

Haylee had to work tonight and Kody wanted to go golfing so he asked if I could watch Freya after work.

I texted him when I was heading home and he met me there with her.
She's feeling a bit better, her temp is definitely not as high as it was.

Her gums are inflamed though and causing her pain.
Poor dear.

He made an appointment with the doctor but can't get in until tomorrow.
I'm pretty sure she has an infection and is going to need medication and the sooner she can get started on it, the better.

She's still her smiley, beautiful self though.
The only good thing about her not feeling 100% is that she wants to cuddle even more than usual.

She wanted to take a selfie so she took this one herself.
Not bad!

This was how we spent pretty much the whole night.
I ran out of milk for her bubba so she switched to water.
Everything else seemed to hurt her mouth but this soothed her which was good.

When Kody came to pick her up, she was ready to go home to bed.
I sure hope she's feeling better for the weekend as we are heading to the city.
Fingers crossed.

Jason posted this picture of his workout buddy from this morning.
Paddington looks like such a rolly polly here.

Kody took the sign I made out to the golf course for me.
Audrey put it up and sent me a picture.
I think it looks pretty good.

Right?
I just dread every time I'm prompted to make a new password.

I actually have a spreadsheet that I keep all my usernames and passwords on for all the accounts that I have because there is no way that I could ever remember on my own.

It seems each time I go to make a new one they just get more complicated with what is required.

I guess I understand but it can be kind of annoying and frustrating sometimes.
First world problems, right?


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment