Thursday 1 July 2021

Tire Trouble and Heat Wave Continues (June 30, 2021)

Jason was back to work this morning and I decided to go down to work at the actual office today.

I needed to print some stuff off and my computer has been slow lately.

I hopped in the car, pulled out of the driveway and realized right away that something was wrong.

So I pulled over, got out and checked and sure enough, the front passenger side tire was completely flat.

So I went back and parked the car.

Jason was in a meeting so I couldn't get a hold of him so I took the truck down to work instead.

Jason called when he was done and he was in town so I met him back at the house.

He was going to fill the tire enough for me to take it down to Get Er Done Mechanical.

However, it was so bad that the tire just wouldn't keep any air.

Kendall (the owner of the mechanical shop) just happened to drive by and Jason talked to him.

He said he'd pop by, take the tire off and down to the shop to fix for us.

So I headed back to work but stopped by the store first to grab some lunch.

I had rice crackers with hummus and deli turkey while I worked.

Later in the afternoon, the mechanic shop called to let me know that a screw had gone clean through the tire in a spot that made it unfixable so I'd need to order a new tire.

They were going to put a dummy tire on for me but I had planned on heading into the city on Friday so Kendall met me at the house and put one of my winter tires back on.

He said that would work for me until the new tire got in next week.

Now isn't that service?
The mechanic making house calls - it's one of the beautiful things about living in a small town.

I headed back to the office again and because I'd been back and forth so much, I didn't feel right about heading out at lunch for a run/walk so I just worked right through and decided to go at the end of the day.

When I got home, I got ready for my run and Haylee called to see if I'd watch Freya for a bit.
I told her I would pick her up after my run.

I figured I'd go my regular route but stop when I got to their place and pick Freya up.

It wouldn't be the full 8 or so km's I normally do but it would still be a pretty good run.


I was hoping that going later in the day it would be cooler.
It was not.

I had a good start but as you can see, the heat was really getting to me.

Those last few km's were tough.
I really had to slow down in order to complete them.
I was shooting for at least 5k so overall, I was happy.
We are in the middle of an unprecedented heat wave here in Alberta so I don't feel too bad about having such a slow average pace.

Temperatures like this here in our little town are unusual.
I'm not complaining by any means - I love the heat.

Haylee dropped Freya and I off at my place.

She immediately fell asleep.
Sweet girl.

The heat really wipes a person out.
I would have kept her on me but it was just too hot and I didn't want her to be uncomfortable.

When she woke up, we made funny faces together.

My girl.

Kody came to get her before Jason got home from work but Jason really wanted to see her so I got Kody to hang around for a bit.

She was just as happy to see Jason when he got home as he was to see her.

He'd had to work late and they'd gotten the guys all subs at work so the supper I'd made for us, Kody shared with me.

When it was time to go home, Freya didn't want to go at first but then she just said, OK, I'll go.
Just like that.
She's so funny.

They are heading to Drumhellar tomorrow with Crystal & Randy for a few days to celebrate Randy's birthday.

We would have loved to go as well but Jason is working.

It's a good opportunity for me to take mom to do some shopping and to go visit my friends at the lake.

Tomorrow is the Stat, Canada Day then Friday is a regular work day but since I have no plans anyway, I'm going to work tomorrow and take Friday off instead.

Haylee posted this great picture of Kody and his boy, Ozzy.

And a gorgeous one of herself.

A friend on Facebook posted this for Canada Day and I thought it was neat.
My father was posted in Alert for a time back in 1972, in fact, he was there when I was born and didn't actually get home to meet me until I was a couple months old.

Is it weird that I found this outrageously funny?

I thought this was pretty funny too although I think my ducks are just fine personally.

Sleeping in the basement again tonight!
Thank goodness we have the option!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment