Sunday 18 July 2021

Van Gogh, Splash Park & Swimming (July 9, 2021)

I had planned to run this morning but since we had Freya and had to take turns, I decided I would skip it today and run tomorrow instead.

I want to have at least one rest day this weekend as I plan on doing a long run on Sunday. 

We had tickets to the Van Gogh immersive experience at noon so I figured I'd just take my time and get Freya and I ready instead of trying to rush.

I picked up this new dress for her last night - it's a size 4 - I would have preferred a size 3 but there wasn't a whole lot to choose from.
I think it fits her not bad, a little too big but not by much.

She even let me brush her hair this morning and put it in a ponytail.

Papa got her new shades last night too so she tried those on for us.

Kody and Haylee were supposed to be coming to the Van Gogh exhibit with us but since they couldn't make it, I called a co-worker from the St Albert office, Colleen, to see if she wanted to go.
She did and she suggested another co-worker, Carlee, might want to go as well.
So we met them in the parking lot at the Expo Center.

When you first go in, there is a room with all these boards hanging from the ceiling with information about Van Gogh and other artists.

It wasn't very interesting for Freya so I didn't really get to read them, we just bypassed it and went right on in to the immersive exhibit.

It was pretty cool.
The art was projected all over the walls and floor and there was music playing.


Freya was just taking it all in.

She was feeling the music.


It was really sweet to watch her.

It was hard to get her to stay still for a picture.

The images kept changing.

This was one of my favorites.

It was really cool to experience.

Still dancing.

She saw Papa coming.

They had a little dance together.

Awww.

So adorable.

More cool images.

Freya was still wandering about, enjoying herself.

I had to really keep my eye on Freya so I think I missed out on the art a bit but I'm still glad I went and that we took her.

She was getting restless though so we decided it was time to head out.

I wanted to get a picture of her and I in there before we left though.

So Jason took a few.

I was feeling very good in my skin today!

One more dance before we go.

It was so sweet to watch her dancing.

Every time the images changed you had to just kind of stand there and take it all in.

Ok, now she's really getting silly - time to go!

The images changed once more before we left - pretty neat!

One last one.

We got out to the parking lot and she was ready to play.

We let her run around a bit to burn off some energy.

We could have just skipped the whole exhibit and let her run around the parking lot and she would have been equally as happy.

She loves to climb and walk along curbs and things so we did that for a bit.

Checking out Papa's fitbit.

Jason had found a bike that he wanted to check out at Sport Check so we headed over there next.

I took Freya out into the mall while Jason was tied up to keep her busy and we came across a ride so I let her try it out.

She thought it was a lot of fun - I remember putting Kody on these when he was little.

They are a lot more expensive now though, $2.00 a ride and we used up all the change that I had.

Jason ended up buying the bike but they need to give it a service first so we found a place to go have some lunch while they do that and we'll pop back for it later.

Jason found YEG Burger - rated in the top 10 burgers in Edmonton and it wasn't far from us so we headed there.

She kept busy watching YouTube videos while we waited for our food.

Is it ever coming?

It actually didn't take that long.
Freya got a hot dog and fries.
She ate almost all of it except she did skip the bun.
Pretty impressive though, she normally doesn't eat much.

They had a Date Shake on special so we had to give that a try.
It was yummy, I loved that they added pistachio's.

Jason ordered the Havarti Grilled Cheese Burger.

It was essentially a burger between two Havarti Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.

I got the 152 burger, it had coleslaw, potatoe chips and bbq sauce on it.
I got a salad as a side which Jason and I shared.
The burgers were great - we will most definitely be going back again and again.

Papa got her a new bubba today and she just loves it.

Selfie with my girl.

Silly face one.

Jason enjoying a sip of that fabulous date shake.

We headed back over to pick up the bike and Freya crashed as soon as we got in the car.
So I waited in the car with her while Jason went in for the bike then next stop was the St Albert Splash Park.

We woke her up when we got there and got her new bathing suit on her so she could go splash around.

It's a pretty nice splash park and it was a hot sunny day so there were lots of people there but not so many that it felt crowded.

She had a great time running around and cooling off.

It was so nice that I even went through with her and ended up getting my clothes soaked but it felt so nice.

She found this one little sprayer that was her favorite.

She held it down, she stood on it.

Jason got this great shot of the water spraying all over her.
We spent a couple of hours there then it was time to go for ice cream.

I got her a couple new dresses this morning and I put this one on her after the splash park.
It looked so cute on her.

She had it filthy within minutes - I think it might be a world record in fact.
Oh well - that's what a washing machine is for.

Jason's ice cream.
Mine fell off the cone almost immediately.

The ice cream truck was cash only and we didn't have any so they were kind enough to let us eat our ice cream first before coming back to pay.
Since I'd dropped mine, I left Jason and Freya to eat theirs and went to get some cash.

Enjoying her ice cream.

There were about 6 other picnic tables set up around all with folks at them.
Jason said while I was gone, Freya was being a little social butterfly and went around to each table to say hi.

Shoving that last big bite in all at once.

Can she do it?

Nope - it was a bit too much - Valiant effort though.
By the time I got back they had finished their ice creams but they waited with me while I sate and ate my replacement cone.

When we got back to the pool, we got our swim suits on and headed to the pool.

She was loving just hanging off of the rail.

Little water baby.

She and I stayed right at the stairs for a while.

She was in her comfort zone there.

We had gotten her the floaties but she still wasn't so sure.

We swam around the pool for a bit.
She was really nervous of me letting her go but of course I would never do that.

I was trying to get her to feel that feeling of floating but I don't know if she was ready.
I do think it's time to consider swimming lessons for her.

Then she discovered jumping into the pool and that's what we did for the rest of the time.

She jumped to Jason for a while.

She was fearless about it.

Just in and out, over and over and over.

It was funny when she climbed out, she would always go right to the end of the ladder rails then come back.

This is what we did for pretty much the whole hour.

In slow motion.

Making a big splash.

Having a little break.

Just chilling with Papa.

If we had just done this with her and nothing else, she would have been completely fine with that.

Time to jump to Grandma for a bit.

She graduated to jumping from the ledge instead of the top rung of the ladder.

Gotchya!

1 - 2 - 3 Jump!

She would have jumped all night if we let her but our hour slot was up and she was starting to shiver so we headed back to the room to dry off and get some supper.

Snacks on the bed.

A bubba, snacks and YouTube videos - what more does a girl need?

We ordered our go to city treat - Sepp's Pizza, and had it delivered.

We got the Double Pepp which is our favorite then we also tried the Canadian.
Delicious as always.

After we ate and although it was late, we took her for a little walk to show her the lights.

This was on the street right next to the hotel so not very far of a walk.

She was fascinated by the lights.
On the way in to the city last night when she saw all the lights of the stores, she said 'it's Christmas time'
I can't wait to bring her in this year when it actually is Christmas time to show her all the lights then.

We didn't stay out long.
She ended up trying to walk up some air vents and when we wouldn't let her, she got pretty upset with us and started crying saying she wanted her Mommy and Daddy.
She even was crying for Ozzy, Louie and Talullah too.
Ha ha.
We felt so bad but we couldn't just let her walk on it because it wasn't safe.

Hopefully nobody thought we were trying to abduct her or something.

She cried a bit but then she forgot all about it and all was good.
I'm so glad, we both hate it when she is upset - it breaks our hearts.

It was late by then so we called it a night.

Ba ha ha - I thought this was funny.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment