Monday 19 July 2021

Best Friends and 16k Run in the Books (July 17, 2021)

I got up, had a coffee, watched an episode from the new season of Virgin River then got ready to head out for a run.

I wanted to get at least 15k in today and ended up doing 16k.
If I keep trying to up this every week or so, I should be able to run a half marathon distance in a month or so.

The exercise details.

I hadn't eaten before I headed out so nearing the end of my run, I could feel that I was running out of juice and starting to slow down.

I don't think I could have run much longer.

I felt super good about it though when I got home.

I was feeling a bit icky in my belly so I made sure to get some food in there right away.
Still working on eating up all the eggs that we have.

Then I had a nice long bath not just to clean off the sweat of the run but I thought it would be soothing to my knees as well.

My sister posted a picture of King Declan preparing to lord over his birthday party later today.
His birthday isn't actually until August but since they are going to be away, she's having his party early so his friends can come.

Jason was busy makin the cake for tomorrow's bbq.
He made an eclair cake - those lucky co-workers of his!

Adrien & Mel had to run into the city so they brought Hunter over.
He brought his bike with him but it was raining most of the day so we didn't get to go out for a ride.

Kody dropped Freya off for a sleep over and he was happy to see her so they could play together.
These two really get along so well.
She always says that Hunter is her best friend.

After Hunter left, she wanted a bath.
It ended up being a quick one and I got her in her jammies after just in time for her to fall asleep.

It was 8:30 by that point so we figured she'd likely sleep for the rest of the evening.

I just love cuddling and kissing her so much.

What a sweetheart.
Turned out she only napped for a half hour maybe then she was up and ready to go.
She and Jason played downstairs for a few hours.
She just wasn't tired at all but I did take her to bed at midnight and it wasn't long before she was out.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment