Wednesday 7 July 2021

Impromptu Bike Ride (July 6, 2021)

I keep jumping around on what I want my plan to be as far as running goes.
First I was going to just run every second day, now I'm thinking I'll run every day and just stagger between long and short runs with 1 rest day per week.

I figure I'll just play it by ear and listen to my body and do what feels right.

So I'm not exactly sure what I'll eventually settle on but I did go out for an 8k run today, my usual route.

The details.

My splits.
It was cool when I left but warmed up considerably while I was out there as you can see from my splits.
As the heat goes up, my speed goes down.
 
Felt really good when I finished!
Decided to take some sweaty selfies.
Front View.

Side view.

Back view.

I got back to work for the afternoon then once I finished, I worked on making a sign for mom to give to my Auntie A.

I came up with two versions just with different fonts and sent to Jason for his opinion because I couldn't decide.

He liked the first version better than this one so I think that's what I'll go with.

I also went online and applied for a PEI Pass for mom.
I think I'll go ahead and apply for one for Jason and I tomorrow.
We have lots of time but might as well just get it done.

I made a teriyaki for us for supper.
I just finished eating and Jason texted to say that he'd brought his bike to work with him.
He was going to leave his truck out there and bike home (he is covering for someone on Thursday and plans on running to work that morning), did I want to meet him?

So I hopped on my bike and headed out there.

He had to ride on 11k of dirt roads before he got to the highway.

I basically just turned in off the highway and meet him in minutes which was great since those dirt roads aren't the funnest to bike on.

I was kind of nervous the whole way out there that I would run into a bear along the way.
I didn't thank goodness and felt much better about that on the way back when Jason was with me.

I think if we do this again that I'm going to wear a bell.

He led the way home, there were lots of hills so it was an awesome workout.

I was soaked when we got home but I felt so good.
I'm so glad he called otherwise I would have just been sitting on my butt watching tv until he got home.

Instead, thanks to him, I got 17.57km of biking in - Yay me.

The exercise details.

He had supper when we did get home then he made us smoothies.
Yum.

We settled in to watch the new episode of Loki before realizing it was only Tuesday and it doesn't come out until tomorrow.

I finished reading the second book in The Selection series.

The Elite
I enjoyed it - it is meant for young readers so it was a pretty quick read.
There are three more books in the series and I want to read the next one but I don't want to pay for it.
I'm kind of cheap I guess.
I'm going to look around in the city for it this weekend and if I can't find it, I'll likely go ahead and purchase it for my kindle next week.

Jason is off tomorrow and I hope it's a nice day so we can get out after I finish work and take our kayaks for their inaugural run.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment