Sunday 21 July 2019

Painting, Pizza and Pickles! (July 12, 2019)

My summer Fridays off started so I didn't have to go to work today, yay!
It felt nice to sleep in and My Honey was off too so we got to sleep in together.
I was feeling a little better this morning, hope that means I'm on the mend.

My Honey made us bacon & egg sandwiches on croissants for breakfast.

We thought about heading to his parents but we don't want to pass on our cold so we are going to just skip it.
We might go to the city for the night tomorrow depending on how we are both feeling in the morning.

We decided to get to work painting the table/chairs that My Honey made.

I am really happy with what he built - they are meant to be tables but they are the perfect height to sit on to eat at the table.

We went to the hardware store in town and got a few cans of mis - tints or oopsies.
We got a green and a blue.

Paddington got outside when we had the door open and since he doesn't go far, we let him wander around the yard about.
He just slowly roams about and checks everything out.
He's the king of the jungle backyard!

He's got the tool ready to open the paint.
We got started then we took a break and My Honey cooked up some pizza.

He loves his pizza oven.

He's a pro with the pizza peel.

He made one with only sauce and cheese.

One with sausage.

And finally a cheeseburger one at my request.
I just it on Worst Cooks and it looked good.

It had ketchup, mustard and sour cream sauce on the bottom.
Then ground beef, diced onion and chopped bacon.
When it came out we added lettuce and pickles (both sweet & dill).

I also added a bit of ranch and I have to say, it was fantastic.
I think it's my new favorite and I'll be requesting it a lot.

After we ate, we got back to painting.
I really like this blue color but I don't think we will leave them like this.

.
I think we'll let them dry, do a white coat over top and then sand it back so it looks kind of old and beat up a bit.
I'm really into the rustic look.
Then you don't have to worry so much if things get damaged or scratched, it just adds to the charm.

Got some paint on myself as well.

Paddington was resting on My Honey's lap again.

He gets into the weirdest positions and he looks so comfy.

Maybe next week!

We started watching Stranger Things 3 tonight.
It was so good that we watched 3 episodes in a row.
Even then it was hard to call it a night and head to bed but we did.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment