Saturday 2 September 2023

Road Trip - First Stop - Camrose! (Aug.31, 2023)

It was pretty quiet at the office today - a lot of people took the week off because of the extra long weekend coming up and the ones that didn't were mostly all planning on leaving early today (me included).

 

I did get out for a walk this morning - it was hazy or smokey but the weather was nice.

Freya and Jason slept in a little and when she got up, she wanted to make an egg.

She picked out this mini frying pan and spatula one time when Jason took her to the store and she loves using it.
She's getting pretty good at making her own eggs - supervised of course.

She added some hot cheesies as a garnish - I'm impressed she thought to do that.

Enjoying the fruits of her labor.

When I went home for lunch, I hopped on the treadmill and ran 5k.

I was so sweaty I had to have a shower afterwards.
Then I packed a bag for myself.
Jason and I decided that we are going to go on a little mini road trip this weekend.
We are going to head south to Medicine Hat - we've never been so we'd like to check it out and they have a Park Run so we are going to try to do that on Saturday.

It's a 7.25 hour drive so we are going to stay in Camrose tonight which is about halfway.

I had to go back to work in the afternoon and finish up month end reports and get them sent out and then once I was done, we headed out.

We stopped at the garden center/bakery in Barrhead to have a treat.
I like these angels they have made out of shutters.

They have beautiful flowers here - makes sense seeing as it is a garden center.

I don't know why we don't come here more often - it's really a cute spot.

We tried a couple of things.
An almond cookie, a sugar free fruit tart and a lemon tart.

This was the sugar free fruit tart - I wasn't a big fan - it was kind of flavorless.

The lemon tart was both pretty and yummy.

This was the almond cookie - it's why we stopped in the first place and it was fantastic.
After our little snack, we gassed up then hit the road.
It was a few hours to Camrose and we didn't make any other stops.

When we got to town, I saw a Winners as we arrived and it was still open so we went and checked it out.
We didn't buy anything.
Then we popped into Walmart so Jason could get an SD card and we got a few groceries.
It was 9 pm by this time and we were both hungry so we found a spot to get a bite to eat.
Not much was open so we didn't have a lot of options.

We wanted something original, not a chain and we found Overime Taphouse so we headed there.
They were open until midnight so that was awesome.

My Honey and I.
I love getting the chance to spend a weekend together with just he and I, exploring new places together and just hanging out.

I had the beef dip turned into a philli cheese steak with fries.
It was good but not as good as the beef dip I just had in Sylvan Lake.

Jason had a burger with a side salad.
We actually shared - I had half of his, he had half of mine.
The food was good.

They had sticky toffee pudding so you know I had to try it.
Jason and I shared but I could have demolished it on my own no problem.
It was fantastic - so moist and tasty - one of the best I've ever had.

The room Jason booked was at the R&R Inn & Suites.
The decor was old fashioned but it was cute and clean which is what matters.
The bed was small, just a double, but super comfy.

I did like the little plants they had out for decorations.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment