Monday 18 September 2023

High Level Bridge, Sepp's, Yelo'd and Marlo (Sept.15, 2023)

It was a really nice day out there today.

 

While I was at work, Jason had the kiddos out for a walk/bike ride.

He only had them until lunch time then Adrien picked up Hunter and Freya went with Crystal and Haylee to the city for Zepplyn's birthday party.

Zepplyn and two of her friends went as well so Freya wanted to go in with all the girls.

Jason and I had planned on going in and helping to drive a few of them - even though we didn't have to do that, we decided to head to the city anyway.

We didn't really have any plans and I needed some steps so we parked at the bottom of the stairs near High Level bridge thinking we could walk over to Sepp's for some pizza.

The stairs are tough so it was a good workout.

There were lots of people there running up and down the stairs for a workout.
It was a stunner of a day.

Just look at that sun.
It looks dark but that's just because I was looking directly at it.

Sepps sells slices now and they do it out of the little coffee shop behind them.
It sells coffee earlier in the day then switches over to pizza.

It has a really nice outdoor seating area and big open doors so there is a really nice indoor/outdoor feel.

There is lots of construction in the area but it is still a really nice area.
It has a nice vibe to it.

Taking selfies because I feel pretty today.

My Honey and I.

We both got a slice of Double Pepp - our favorite.

It was delicious but if I'm being honest - I think it was a little overpriced.
We stopped in at a Running Room on our way back to the bridge and they had lots of Hoka's and other sneakers I would have liked to try but it was closing soon so I didn't have any time to try things on.
I'll definitely be going back though - I think I'm going to buy myself a new pair of Hoka's.
They are my favorite to run in right now.

When we crossed the bridge the sun was just setting and it looked gorgeous.

The sun shining on the government building was so pretty.

Lots of people had blankets and were just on the lawn hanging out.

I think this area of Edmonton is really pretty.

I like all the iron work on the bridge - its pretty in it's own way.

Everyone was stopped watching the sun set - kind of like when we were in Maui - everyone just stopped what they were doing and took it in.

Pictures can't capture the whole feeling but we still try.

We stood around and watched it for a bit.

Looking over the river.

We hopped in the car and headed over to Whitemud Drive to get an ice cream.

We went to Yelo'd - luckily there wasn't much of a line.

They had pumpkin spice ice cream so we tried that in the ube bun.
It was called a Tustado, basically ice cream in a bun.
The ice cream was delicious - the bun was just ok.

I had the ube soft serve on warm chocolate rice pudding with coco pebbles too - this thing is delicious.
This is called Champorado.

Since we were in the area we decided to check to see if we could get into Marlo to try a couple of their tacos.

It's just a small place inside but it's nice.

Their menu is pretty simple.

My Honey.

We got the chips with black bean dip to start.

I got the birria taco, it came with the birria juice and the tacos came with these 3 sauces.

Jason got the mushroom taco and the fish taco.
I liked both of his tacos more than I liked mine.
The fish one was my favorite.

This is such a nice area too -I love all the lights.

We left there and headed over to the hotel.
We were staying in the same hotel as Haylee, Crystal and the girls and we did see Haylee and Zepp when we were checking in around 10, they said they were all tuckered and everyone was getting ready to go to sleep.

So we just headed to our room and watched some tv before calling it a night.

Alivia posted these goofy pictures she took of Freya the last time she spent the night - they are funny so I thought I would share.

Alien forehead.

Hmmmm?

Ha ha - love it.

I love it when she looks so happy.

An LOL for the day - it does sound hard.
(Just for the record, I would not help do this, EVER)


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment