Monday 18 September 2023

Spruce Grove Trails, Hu's Noodle Nook and Swimming at the Hotel (Sept.16, 2023)

 Today was supposed to be a rest day but since I didn't do my 2 miles yesterday that I was supposed to, I'm going to do them today instead.

Jason had to run hills today so we found a place called Hamburger Hill in Spruce Grove and went there.

It didn't look like much at first but Jason ended up finding some trails and they were really nice trails actually.

There were these electrical boxes here and there and they were painted with different scenes and things - this one had ducks.

This is Hamburger Hill.
When I finished up my 2 miles (I did a little extra because I was enjoying the trails so much) I just walked up and down the stairs.
It goes up this side then down the other side.

I only got a couple done before Jason got back and he did a few up and downs too.

Grrrr.

So I ended up doing almost 5k.

My exercise details.

My average pace and splits.


I really enjoyed that run today.

We went back and checked out of the hotel then went for some lunch.

Jason found this place in Spruce Grove called Barbaco - we thought it was Mexican food but discovered it was not when we go there but decided to eat there anyway.

I like the bull on the wall.

It was a little more high end than what we'd expected.

It wasn't a huge menu.

I had a virgin Caesar - it had horseradish in it - yum.

Jason got the Hash.

I got the Chicken & Waffles.
It was Nashville Hot Chicken and it was too spicy for me.

Of course we had to try the cinnamon bun too.

Their bathrooms had these green tiles that I really liked.

I like how they laid them out.

We stopped at Rags to Riches - they had what looked like old window panes but they had no glass in them and I think they were built to look old like this and they never actually were real window panes.

We stopped at a few other places too - Jason found this creepy doll.

We texted Haylee to see if Freya wanted to stay the night with us so we went by the mall and picked her up after the dinner theater.

She almost immediately led me to the store we'd gone to on another trip where she wanted a toy and I hadn't gotten her one.
She wore me down and I got her one today.
She was tired and cranky and I just didn't want her to have a meltdown.

She got lots of looks and smiles and comments when we were walking through the mall.

She was not in the mood for it though.
"No photos please"

She wanted a cupcake so we stopped for one - it had a kinder egg on it and she ate that and left the rest.
Jason and I shared it later.

We tried to get her to pick out a pair of running shoes but she wasn't having it.
She did pick out a track suit though and as soon as we got to the car, she put it on.

And promptly fell asleep.

We stopped at a few more places that I needed to and Jason just stayed in the car with her while I ran in and did what I needed.
When she woke up she was ready for some supper and she requested ramen.

We went to Hu's Noodle Nook.

Jason had picked her up a little carton of squishies and she had to open them up and play with them while we were waiting for our food.

I got some gyoza for us to share.

Then I got the black garlic ramen and shared with Freya.
I got a couple of eggs for her too - she just loves them.

Getting our luggage out of the car at the hotel - Freya was 'helping'.

Jason wanted to go to the stairs by the High Level bridge to do his hills and Freya and I went to the pool.

We went back and forth from the pool to the hot tub and we even tried out the sauna.

What a poser.

Going to the pool at the hotel is one of her very favorite thing to do.

When Papa got back from his workout he joined us at the pool

Zerbert time!

We stayed at the pool until it closed at 10 then back at the room Freya requested pizza so we ordered one.

Crystal posted some pictures from Zepplyn's birthday shenanigans.

The girls all dressed in their finest for The Addams Family dinner theater.

Posing with Wednesday - Freya loved it.

With Morticia and Gomez.

Haylee, Crystal and the baby bump.

Some Harry Potter cupcakes before swimming.

Freya doing the head flick in the pool.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment