Monday 11 September 2023

10k Run, Company BBQ and Spirit Halloween Visit (Sep.10, 2023)

I slept in a little later this morning - I didn't have a great sleep last night and I needed it.
I had a coffee when I did get up, watched some more crafty videos and then got ready to go for a run.

I definitely wanted to get out for a run and I wasn't sure how much I wanted to do but I knew I wanted to do more than 5k.
Once I got out and to the 7k mark, I felt like I was doing good and decided that I wanted to try to do 10k.
It was hard but if felt so good when I was able to do it.

The exercise details.

My average pace and splits.
 
It was such a confidence boost for me to be able to run 10k.
As you can see - I'm pretty happy with myself.
I was pretty sweaty too so it was straight into the shower for me.

Jason was busy making pizzas for the guys at work today.

My work was having a bbq today as well.
I picked mom up after church, stopped in and picked up Freya and Zepplyn then headed out to the bbq.

There weren't a whole lot of us there but it was nice to get together outside of work.
Blair and Shennelle did all of the set up so thank you to them for all of that.

We basically just hung out and we played some games.

The whole crew - we got a picture of all the attendees.
We hung out there until around 5 then we packed up and headed home.

The girls wanted to come back to my house so I let them.

Paddington was actually cuddling with Freya when we got home - he NEVER does that.

She was SO happy!

When Haylee and Kody came to pick the girls up, they didn't want to go home so we offered to walk them home.
I noticed a baby bunny across the street the other day and we noticed a few more of them over there today.

So we went over and checked it out.

Apparently there are a bunch of them over there - they don't belong to anyone but a neighbour feeds them and has a little house that they can go in if they want to.

We took a detour through the woods so that Jason could take some 'creepy' footage of the girls in amongst the trees so he can turn it into a scary video later.

It's a nice little trail - I can't believe I didn't know about it all the time I've lived here.

Zepplyn wanted to have a picture taken with all of the animals that are near the community center.
The bear.

The deer.

The moose.

Even the ducks.

Freya and Papa.

Haylee shared some pictures from their trip to the city the other day when she went in for an ultra-sound.
Everything is looking good with the baby - the doctor said she is likely around 4 lbs right now.
Freya got to see the baby too and the baby actually gave a thumbs up!

Since they were in the city and it's that time of year - they took Freya to the Spirit of Halloween store.

Freya loves the store.

Checking out the animatronics.

She loves PennyWise.

Trying on a creepy Momo mask.
It is very creepy.

They all enjoyed the store.
We are looking forward to taking her there for a trip sometime before Halloween as well.

When we got home I finished up one more pumpkin.
I have one more frame left so I'm hoping to get something made with that.
I'm planning to take the few things I did make to the hardware tomorrow to put in my booth - both so they can be available for sale but also to make some room for myself at home to make more.

I posted a picture of the Halloween wreath I made yesterday and Morgan loved it so she's taking that one.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment