Monday 11 September 2023

Crafty Day and Dinner Date with My Favorite Girl (Sep.9, 2023)

 Hunter and I both woke up when Jason was getting ready for work and neither of us could go back to sleep so we just got up.

He played on his Nintendo switch and I had coffee and watched some crafting vlogs just to get me in the mood.

I was just about to get started when Freya got up so I snuggled with her for a little bit - until she was awake fully.

Then she and Hunter played together and I was able to get to crafting.

I did get her a bath and washed and brushed her hair.
It's so much easier to brush her hair now than it used to be years ago - she would just fight me tooth and nail no matter how careful and gentle I tried to be.

I finally made something with the pumpkin frame form I picked up last year and I love how it turned out.
This used 2 of the forms.

The second one I made I only used one form - I like how it turned out as well but I think I like the first one better with the two forms - the one on top kind of looks like the pumpkin ribs and I like it.

Nadine came over for a visit while I was crafting.

I had started this one a while back.
I got it put together then it needed something at the center of the bow so I made this little wood piece.

I was able to try out one of my new stamps and I love it.
This is kind of a more springy thing but that's ok.

Adrien got off work around noon and came and got Hunter so Freya didn't have a playmate anymore.
I let her do some painting and she watched some YouTube but eventually she got bored.

She wanted to go out for a walk so we headed out and she randomly suggested we go have lunch at Swan Palace.
So we did.

She kept flip flopping back and forth between fries and gravy, poutine or bacon and eggs and ultimately she went with the bacon and eggs and toast.
She just had to have her hot sauce with the eggs.
She is such a character - I love her so much!

She was a hungry girl, she ate all of it except 2 slices of the bacon and of course you know I couldn't let 2 perfectly good slices of bacon go to waste.

Lunch date with my girl.

She was making a silly face so I had to as well.

We did have a video call with Papa while we were having lunch and he was trying out some silly filters.

Ha ha - he makes a cute puppy.

He was getting pizza dough ready for lunch tomorrow.
Looks like there is going to be lots of pizza.

We stopped at the store after we ate to get a few groceries and so she could see her Mommy then we went to the park for a bit.

She is getting so strong, she can flip around on the monkey bars like a little pro.

Posing for me.

She's full of faces like always.

This is a cute little outfit Haylee picked up for her off of Shein - Freya loves it.

Showing off her flipping skills on the bar.

We hung out for a bit at the park then headed back up to the house.
Haylee got off work right around then and was heading over to visit at her friends place which happens to be Freya's little BF's place so she picked Freya up to go over there with her.
Freya was stoked to go see Dakota.

It worked out for me too because I got to spend the day with Freya and then I got to do some more crafting.
I made this wreath.
I only noticed afterwards that the 'a' in both Happy and Fall is backwards.
I think I'm just going to leave it though and act like I meant to do it.
I wasn't % happy with this wreath - I wanted to add more to it but it started looking too busy so I decided to just leave it.

I'll put it at the Hardware for sale and hopefully it will be somebodies cup of tea and if not, I'll just put it up at my place.

My grey is getting soooo bad.
I picked up a few dyes when my sister was here and she was going to do it for me but we just ran out of time.

I mean look at this - if I let it grow out, I would be completely gray.
I'm still a little too vain for that I guess - I'm not ready to let it happen.

I mentioned to Nadine while she was here today that I needed it done and so she offered to come and do it.
She put it in for me - it takes 3 boxes to do my hair now.
I decided to go darker this time for a change so I got her to put it over my whole head - means my streaks will be covered but that's ok.

I had a shower to wash it out - that was the only way.
Then I did it so I could send her a picture to show her how it turned out.
I love it!
She did too - said I should stay this color.

I didn't get a run in today but I was on the move lots so managed to get all of my steps in.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment