Wednesday 6 September 2023

So Long Medicine Hat - Until Next Time (Sept.4, 2023)

 We are heading home today and it's a long drive so we wanted to get our runs in before we headed out.

Jason wanted to run 10k so he ran down to Strathcona Island Park which is where we ran the Parkrun on Saturday.

It's about 5k there and he planned on running a bit more once he got there and maybe doing some speed work which he's just started incorporating (yesterday).

I just wanted to run 5k so I drove down and met him there.

The smoke really rolled in during the night - and it's a bit chillier out there today than it has been but still nice.

I'm going to miss running on these nice trails by the water.
I stopped and took a few pictures here and there.

I found some new pathways to follow and this one led me over a bridge.
It kept going and going - it's so nice.

I was warming up pretty a few km's in and I had to take my long sleeve top off.

I ended up running just over 6k and I just took it really nice and slow and I really enjoyed it.

The exercise details.

My average pace and splits.
I was going slow but it was good.

I didn't get many pictures of it but some of the dirt trails were this bright reddish color.

When I met back up with Jason he was just finishing up his speed work.

He is FAST!!!

After we finished up our runs we headed back to the hotel, changed, packed up and checked out.

We went and got a bite to eat before we hit the road at Papi's.

It was a family type restaurant - I love the picture of the barn over top of the front counter.

Jason

Moi.

Jason had the eggs benedict.

I had the best breakfast ever, a croissant with english with strawberries in a glaze and english custard.
OMG, it was amazing.
The eggs and bacon that came with it were pretty good too.

After we ate, we hit the road.
We drove without stopping, all the way to Camrose which took about 4.5 hours.
By then I really needed a washroom break and we were hungry so we stopped.

We gassed up and used the washroom then we looked for a spot for supper.
We decided on Joey Seafood where amazingly enough, neither of us had ever eaten at before.

I had the lobster bisque to start.
It was really good.

Jason had the clam chowder.

Then I had the fish and chips.

Jason had the fish burger.

The food was good - I was a nice change.
After we ate, we popped into Winners quickly to get some water and I wanted a snack - I got some chocolates, then we hopped in the car and drove the rest of the way home.

It was just after 9:30 when we got home.
We brought in the stuff that needed to be put in the fridge and the rest we just left until tomorrow.

Jason drove om the way home so I got to do some internet surfing.

I 100% agree!

Already thinking Halloween decorations over here.
Can't wait.

Ha ha - me, EVERY SINGLE DAY!

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment