Sunday 24 September 2023

Golf Course Lunch, Halloween Signs and Scary Situation (Sep.21, 2023)

First day of Autumn and it certainly feels like it.
In a nice way though - there is a slight chill in the air but I wouldn't say it's cold, more refreshing.

Got out for my morning walk and the sun and fresh air always feel so good.

Bonnie, Nadine and I did go out to the golf course for lunch.
It's closing up at the end of the month so we wanted to make sure we got out at least one more time before that happened.
Mom and her friend Darlene ended up coming out as well so they sat with us.
Mom and Bonnie.

Moi, Nadine and Darlene.
I had the chicken club minus the middle slice of bread and with no sides because I'm trying to be very careful about following WW.
It was still like 12 points but it was good so worth it.

Morgan dropped off 4 huge zucchini's last week and it's just been sitting here so I decided to make a couple zucchini loaf with one of them.

The crackle method worked amazingly on the sign.

I made one sign.
It took forever because I haven't used my computer in a long time so it it had to boot up, then the cricut app had to boot up and then it got stuck so I had to restart everything.
It was such a pain, I actually gave up at one point but tried again and eventually managed to get one stencil cut.
It looked way too white when I first pulled off the stencil so I added some aging wax but just here and there.
When I was trying to wipe some of it back with the baby wipes, it kind of smudged the letters but I liked how that looked so I smudged some more of the letters on purpose and I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Jason is working on a new character this year too, this fellow.
He sent me a picture because I keep forgetting his name and when I go to the second hand store on Saturday, I'm going to look for a coat for him.

Haylee had Freya out for supper, having donairs and Freya ended up eating a bit of the tinfoil wrapper and choking on it.
She felt like it was still in her throat so they too her to Whitecourt to get xrayed.
The doctor didn't think it was necessary but they waited forever and it was after midnight when they got home.
Thankfully she is ok.
 

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment