Wednesday 13 September 2023

Half Marathon Training Begins (Sep.12, 2023)

It was super smoky out there today for some reason and you could smell it in the air.

There are still fires burning in the NWT so maybe it's coming from there.
I decided not to go outdoors for a run on my lunch hour - I didn't think running in it would be very healthy.
Also - I was hungry.
I stopped at Subway and picked up a sub and just went home and sat and ate it before heading back to the office.

I did manage to get out for a walk to the road and back this afternoon.
The smoke had cleared up a little bit.

It has been sweltering in my and Blair's office lately - I'm not sure why.
I had to take off my sweater while in there and I was still so hot that my glasses were steaming up.
I'm one that really likes the heat so for me to be complaining about it, you know it's hot.

When I got home after work, Mom and Asia were sitting on the swing watching the bunny rabbits across the street.

Jason found a training plan for himself on a running website - he sent a link for a half marathon to me.

I had a look at it but wasn't sure about it.

Plus it wasn't printer friendly.

I found one on a blog that I like Runs for Cookies and I had started following it earlier in the year when I was going to run a half marathon in Jasper then I ended up quitting.

So I'm going to give it try again.

It worked out perfect if I start it today, it will take me right to the day of the marathon.

Side Note - Katie from Runs for Cookies has lots of training plans that she has put together - check her site out if you are interested.

https://www.runsforcookies.com/

Technically the plan would have started yesterday but that was a rest day so I got that covered.

Today's workout was:

10 min easy run

then 1 minute running hard followed by 2 minutes walking (repeat 5 times)

Then 5 minutes easy run to finish up.

I got to it as soon as I got home from work.

It was a pretty good workout actually.
I did my 1 minute runs at speeds of 6.0, 5.0, 5.5, 6.0 & 6.0.

After that - I got my little ghost guy put together.
I like how it turned out and I think I'll make a few more.

Jason found some good prices on some tickets to Toronto so we are going to head there in October for an extra long weekend.
Looking forward to it.
I don't know why but I thought this was super funny.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment