Thursday 14 September 2023

Fall is in the Air and in My Craft Booth (Sep.13, 2023)

The smoke all cleared up today so that was nice.

 

I did manage to get for a walk out to the road even though I had quite a busy day.

There's a chill in the air and the leaves are all changing color.

I wish we had all the colors they do back in Nova Scotia but it's still pretty.

I took my ghostie guy down and added him to my display down at the Hardware at lunch time.
Looks like one of my pumpkins sold - that's good.
It's costing me more to have the booth down there than I'm making on the stuff - my own fault for not taking things down there - I need to keep up on that.

I was supposed to go for a 5k run today according to my training plan and I was going to go on my lunch but then Jason told me he was picking Freya up from school and they were going out for lunch so I decided to join them instead.

Freya had her new favorite go to - bacon, eggs and toast with lots of hot sauce to dip it all in.

Jason got a turkey club sandwich with fries and I got a beef dip (no fries) and we shared.
Then I headed back to work and they went home.
She kept him busy all afternoon and she went through several outfit changes.

Then just before I got off work Jason sent me this.
Said they'd been like this for the last half hour or so.
She just crashed.
Getting up for school every day is tuckering her out.

She slept for another half hour or so after I got home from work - I just layed in there with them looking at her and thinking about how precious she is and how much I love her.

I kept procrastinating on my run - I just didn't want to do it.
Kody and Haylee came to pick up Freya when they got home from her doctor appointment in Barrhead.

It was a baby check up - all looks good.
The Doctor figures they will likely have her come in on Oct.25 to get her C-Section.
It's kind of nice to know when it's going to be.

They had Zepplyn with them and wanted to take Freya home so they could play but she didn't want to go so Zepplyn ended up staying at our place and we said we'd walk the girls home.
I needed lots of steps to reach my 13,000.

Freya still loves running up and down the path next door.


I'll have a whole collage of these over the years.
Five so far and still going strong.

Heading to the park.

Another thing she always likes to do is climb on this rock and jump off.

So Zepplyn had to do it too.

We carried on to the park and Jason played with the girls while I walked laps around the park.

Freya can climb up this little rock climbing wall all by herself now.
She still needs a little help getting down sometimes.

Zepplyn is pretty good at climbing it too.

I decided to go for a longer walk out around the old trailer park then we walked the girls home.

I did pretty good making up some of the steps I needed but when we got home, I was still need about 1500 more so I just went down and hopped on the treadmill right away.

It didn't take long to get the steps I needed.

To be honest, I was feeling a little guilty and bummed with myself to be skipping out on the 5k I was supposed to run today according to my plan. 
Only the second day and I'm changing it up already.
Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day so I am going to run 5k tomorrow and as long as it isn't raining, I'm going to do it outside on my lunch hour.

After my workout, Jason and I watched some YouTube videos on things to do and places to eat in Tucson in preparation for our trip in December.

Looks like some fun things to do - they have a miniature museum that I'm really excited to check out and a Sinaloense Hot Dog which is a big thing there that I can't wait to try.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment