Thursday 26 September 2019

Edmonton Entertainment Expo (Sept.21, 2019)

We got up early and had breakfast at the hotel.

Miss A had a waffle.
It looked really good.

Mr H had a bagel with peanut butter that he insisted on spreading on himself.
It was not a quick process, believe me.
He also went through 4 packs of peanut butter.
We were all done eating by the time he started but he did at least eat it.

The beautiful Miss M.

My Honey & I.

The whole crew (well minus Miss A).

So she made sure to get her in this one.

We made a few stops at a few stores before heading over to Northlands.
The Edmonton Expo is going on this weekend and we thought it would be something the kids would enjoy.
Mr H was stoked about possibly seeing Pikachu.
Miss A wanted a costume but we told her maybe next year as it was very last minute.
We did get her a shiny blue cap with blue hair attached so at least she had a little something to wear.

OOOOH - this looks right up my alley.
I'll have to try to remember to come in for it.

Before we were even parked, we saw a StormTrooper.

There was a ton of traffic lined up to get in there so we had a bit of a wait but it wasn't too bad.
We did see The Grinch roll up on a motorbike.

Luckily he was just parking as we made our way over there so the kids got to see him.

He talked just like The Grinch too - it was pretty cool.
I wanted the kids to be in a picture with him but they wouldn't go for it.

There were lots of costumed folk outdoors taking pictures.

While we were waiting in line to pay we saw this girl in an Elton John costume.

There's Gamora.
You can see Miss A's blue hat in the bottom of the picture here.
For some reason, I didn't take a picture of her with it on?

The Joker.

Holy Smokes - wouldn't want to mess with this Wonder Woman.
She is built!

Ghostbusters.

There were tons of vendors and I would have really liked to look at things a bit more but it wasn't very fun for Mr H.

I just love seeing all the costumes.

Lots of little ones came dressed up too.

The ideas that some people come up with are really clever.

OMG - It's Rainbow Brite - I LOVE IT!

There was an awesome lego display.

There was even a Pikachu which Mr H liked!
I love that tree - they didn't have lego like this when I was a kid.

Awwww, a baby Groot!

How cute is this? 

Three little girls dressed up as Ray from Star Wars!

I love seeing those little pointed elf ears popping out - I see all kinds of those at these things.

This was probably the most amazing costume I've ever seen at any of these events.
The dad was the spaceship and the little girl was sitting inside it while he walked around.

She had little controls in there and everything.
So clever!

This is the back of it.

I think Dad needed a break so she got out for a bit.

Costumes, costumes every where.

I love the people who just go all out - it takes dedication.
I know that face paint must get unbearably itchy.

I'm thinking this is meant to be Princess Peach from Mario Bros?

I like this little fellows walking stick.

Captain Marvel.

A pink elephant and a gold Darth Vadar?

Superman.

I really enjoy the steam punk look.
Theirs a Scoops Ahoy employee in the background there too.

Another Scoops Ahoy employee - that was a popular costume this year.

Not sure who she is but I like it!

Another incredible costume.

Mr H was getting kind of restless and bored so we decided to go out to the food trucks to get something to eat.

There were lots more costumes to see out there.
A few racy ones, like this high slit black one.

I only got their backs but these medieval costumes were great. 

Another Awesome Steam Punk look.

The line ups at the Food Trucks were waaaaaay too long so we got ice creams instead.

Oh look - it's Tiana from The Princess and the Frog.

Great wings.

My Honey took the kids into the long grass and let them run around.
It was so tall that I couldn't even see them.

Warrior Princess.

Check out the Tigger fire hydrant.

These people put so much effort into their costumes and I just love it when they do these poses.
I could sit here all day and just people watch.

A pack of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles walked by.

There's the Grinch again - he came out to brush his hair.
He had this big green brush and he was brushing all his fur (more for a show) - it was quite entertaining.

There's Jessie from Toy Story.

There's Poison Ivy.

Another Joker.

The kids were ready to leave and get something to eat so we headed back to the truck.

These girls were leaving too and I loved their costumes so we got one last picture.

Mr H ended up falling asleep pretty much as soon as we got in the truck.
We took Miss M to Bed Bath & Beyond to order a vacuum cleaner that she wanted and it turns out they had one in stock so she was able to just buy it which was awesome.

We decided to go for Shawarma's for lunch.
We headed to the new place we found - PitaBake.

Miss A got the cheese pizza which was essentially just a pita with cheese melted on it.
It was pretty darn good and what a great idea.

Mr H slept on the bench pretty much the whole time.
He popped up for an instant here but just laid right back down and went back to sleep.
He was zonked.

My shawarma was really good - I love that they have the pickled radish.
I could only eat half of it but I took the rest of it home with me - can't let that deliciousness go to waste.

We made a stop at Homesense and My Honey was finding lots of ideas of things to build.

This bench is cute.

I like this bookshelf too.

I like the 'x' detail.

This table is nice too.
I can't wait until he starts making some of this stuff.

Mr H woke up and instructed us to take him to McDonald's because he was hungry and he wanted chicken nuggets and french fries.
Ha ha.
It was kind of funny but we got it for him.
He ate it all too which is very unlike him.

Miss A had a few nuggets too.
They gave us an extra 6 pack so truth be told, I had a couple nuggets myself.

Getting a coffee for the trip home.

We had stopped at the Italian Market for sandwiches and I ended up getting this poppyseed danish which My Honey and I shared when we got home.

I was pretty exhausted but we still managed to watch a show before we headed to bed.

Carnival Row.
It's about fairies so I was intrigued.
It's a bit dark and so far it's ok - I'm not sure if My Honey will continue to watch but I will.

Baby F went to a wedding today with her mommy so she was all dolled up.
Miss H had asked if I could babysit tonight for her actually and I would have loved to but we got home too late for that.

They must have gone home for a break - a full day of wedding festivities for a baby is a lot.

Playing inside her play house.
Love that grin and look at those cute chompers showing through finally.
Her grandpa posted these pictures - it always makes me so happy to see pictures of her.

Ha ha.

A friend had these posted on Facebook from a Wedding Shower she went to today where they did this artwork.

I've seen it on rocks and jewelry boxes and wanted to try it so I just had to save the pictures.

It seems pretty straight forward.
You just start with a shape then start working your way out from a point with dots of different colors.

You just keep building and building.

The final product looks so professional.

These are my kind of colors (I'm a pink girl through and through).
I am definitely going to give this a try.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment