Tuesday 10 September 2019

Road Trip to Sentimental Salvage & Design and St. Paul (Sept.6, 2019)

We planned on hitting the road today to go somewhere for the night but we hadn't really decided where we wanted to go.
There was a craft place East of Edmonton that I've seen on Facebook that I wanted to go to but I couldn't remember the name of the place or what little town it was in.
I searched and searched google last night but had no luck finding it.

Then this morning, I was looking on Facebook and it showed up in my feed.

The place is called Sentimental Salvage & Design.
She has made a few projects that I really liked and would like to try myself so our destination was decided.

We packed, jumped in the truck and headed for Myrnam, Alberta.

It was a nice drive, we got to go on a highway that we hadn't driven on before.
We love doing that.
Saw some interesting things on the drive, like this tower someone just happened to have next to their house.

Saw lots of nice old barns (saw some crumbling ones too that I would love to get my hands on to salvage the wood).

This one had an interesting version of a fence with sunflowers growing all along it.
It's different and I like stones but not too sure if I liked the fence.
It was unusual though so I liked that about it.

We stopped in a little town along the way called Willingdon where we saw another interesting take on a fence.

This one I really like - it looks in disrepair but I still loved the look of it.

We checked out a little craft store there in town.
Just so happens the owner used to live in our small town way back in the 80's.
Small world huh?
She had these dough creations that were just darling.

I really love handmade stuff like this - it's one of a kind and the artists put so much work into them.
I just had to buy one but had a hard time deciding which one.
My Honey liked the Zombie so we went with that then I also got a little sheep too just because it was so darn cute.
It will serve as a souvenir from our East of Edmonton Road Trip 2019. 

It took us a little longer to arrive at our destination than we thought it would but it was a nice drive.
I was so excited I could hardly wait to get inside the store.

These are some of the products she carries.

I didn't take any pictures in the store at all, I just wasn't thinking about that at all.
I was speaking to the owner, I told her that I'd watched her video tutorials online and that I really enjoyed them.
She was flattered and impressed I think that we drove all the way from our place just to check out her store.
I bought some clay and a mold, and I also picked out a chalk paint color for our front door. 
I was thinking of going with a bright pink color but My Honey wasn't digging that so we comprised and found a color we both liked, Bohemian Blue.
I can't wait to get the door painted and see how it looks.

She told us her shop was going to be closed tomorrow because she was going to Cochrane for a Vintage Picking Market, the biggest one in Alberta.
I would have loved to go but it would have been another 5 hours of driving.
I think I'm going to plan to go next year though, it sounds right up my alley.

She told us St Paul was another 20 minutes up the road and it was a fair sized place so that is where we headed next.

On the way there, we tried to come up with a business name.
We thought up all kinds of great ideas but most when we searched them up were already taken.
We'll come up with something I'm sure, just have to keep thinking.

My Honey googled the best place to eat in St Paul and found the Twisted Fork so that is where we went.

You could tell it was fairly new.
It was sparkling clean inside, very nice.

As always, we were excited about trying something new.

They had some interesting options on their menu.

The milkshakes sounded delicious so we just had to try one.
We chose the Mega Birthday Confetti Shake.

It looked fabulous when it arrived at the table.
Unfortunately, we were not impressed.
The milkshake itself was thin, basically cold milk and it was flavorless.
The slice of birthday cake was a mini muffin.
So disappointing and for $15.
So not worth it.

I had the burger and soup.
The soup looked think when it arrived but it did taste good.
They told me they ground their own beef so they cooked their burgers medium so I was excited because I prefer them that way but when it arrived it was more like a well cooked piece of meatloaf.

My Honey ordered a turkey brie Panini with a side of fries.
This is what his plate looked like when it arrived, kind of pathetic looking.
The flavor of the sandwich was really good but the fries were just frozen fries and they weren't even hot when his plate arrived at the table.

So it was a hit & miss meal.
However, I do admire that they are doing farm to table cooking and trying to use local products.

After we ate, we walked along the main street and came across a couple craft/gift shops which we checked out.

I bought a 'whale' mug that I thought was darling.

We also shopped at the Dollar Store, Giant Tiger and Peavey Mart where nostalgia played a part in my purchase there.
I was a huge Strawberry Shortcake fan when I was young and had a collection of the small plastic versions of the dolls so when I saw this I just couldn't resist.
I was thinking of giving it to Baby F but I may keep it for myself. 

She's so awesome, I just love her!

All things Pumpkin Spice are back so I had to try the Pumpkin Spice iced capp.
It was pretty good.

We decided to stay the night so My Honey booked us a room.
He hit 10,000 steps not long after we got there and I was still way back at 7,000 so in order to catch up, I went out and walked the hotel hallways.
I went back and forth and up and down the stairs and it took me a bit but finally I made it.

We were kind of hungry when we got to the hotel so we decided to order some pizza.
There was a local place called UFO pizza so we ordered from there.
They had some different pizza's so we decided to try one kind of 'normal' one

The Picadelli which was basically like a Meat Lovers.

Then we also picked one 'different' kind of pizza, the Kryptonite one.
I love all of these toppings so I figured I would like it.


Not long after I finished walking the halls, the pizza arrived.

They looked pretty good.
They tasted really good too.

The Kryptonite had a tad too much lemon but other than that, we really enjoyed it and would get it again.

My SIL posted this picture of Mr H and his BFF by the fountain in town the other day.
I love how they are riding the baby bears! 

Almost all green! Not bad for a day where we spend A LOT of time driving.

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment