Tuesday 24 September 2019

City with the Kiddos (Sept.20, 2019)

Woo Hoo, it's my favorite day of the week - Friday!!!

There was a chill in the air but I got out for my walks anyway.
I got two in this morning.

I saw just the faint remainder of a rainbow over the office on my second walk.

I left at lunch because we are taking the kids in to the city for the night and we want to try to pack a lot in.

My Honey noticed this scab on the back of Professor Snuggles head.

At least we think it's a scab.  We aren't sure where it came from as he is an indoor cat.
We will just have to keep an eye on it to make sure it heals ok I guess.

The kids were super excited about the trip.
My SIL said Mr H has been talking about it all week.
He is prepared too - made sure to bring his favorite stuffies.


Miss M is coming with us too which the kids thought was awesome.
Mr H calls her Sissy Morgan which is so cute!

Miss A is all smiles.

She made sure to bring her stuffies too.
In fact, her book bag was full of them.

And we are on our way.

Road Trip with the crew.

Trying on costumes at the dollar store.

We made a couple of stops so by the time we made it to the Science Center it was almost 5:30.
It closes at 6 pm which we didn't know so we only had a half hour to explore.
Luckily the lady working at reception was kind and didn't charge us the full amount.

We rushed through to try to see as much as we could.

The kids liked this room where you posed then the light flashed and the shadow of your pose remained on the wall.
It was really cool.

There was a room geared towards kids 8 and under with all kinds of neat things to do.

As you can see, it was appealing to the above 8 crowd too!

There was a little plane with a cockpit that the kids could pilot.
It had all kinds of buttons and knows.
Mr H thought it was great.

He even found a pilots hat to put on while he was 'flying'.

Miss A was really liking it too.
I felt bad that we rushed through it so fast but we wanted to try to make the Space section too.

Miss A the Astronaut.

Mr H the Astronaut.

You could load this thing up then shoot rubber darts from it and Mr H thought that was just great.
I tried it and it was a lot of fun.
Unfortunately, it was 6 pm before we knew it so we had to head out.
I think we will try to bring the kids back another time and just make sure to get here earlier so we have more time to spend.

Since the Science Center closed earlier than we'd planned, we decided to take the kids over to Galaxy Land at the mall and let them go on a few rides.
I love the flower displays they have throughout the mall.

We went and had some supper first at Jungle Jims.

We should have gotten another mask for Sissy M too.

We shared potato skins.

I had the chicken quesadilla.
It was good.

Mr H got pizza and fries.
He didn't eat much of it but he usually doesn't.

Miss M stayed and ate with us but afterwards, she headed out shopping and we headed to Galaxy Land.
Turns out it was closed for a private function - what a bummer!

So we took the kids down to the ride on stuffies and rented them for them to ride around on.

It maybe wasn't as exciting as Galaxy Land but the kids enjoyed it.

It was very quiet at the end of the mall we were in, barely anyone around so they were able to ride around like it was there own personal play area.

Mr H picked Hoot the Owl to ride.
I was surprised because it's pink but he wasn't one bit concerned about that.

Playing in the mouth of the whale.

Holding up the jaws so they don't close on her.
She is one strong chickie!

When we returned the ride on stuffies, the kids each got a hat.

Mr H got a tie too.
I didn't think he would wear it but he put it right on no problem.

We met up with Miss M and headed to our hotel.
We stayed at the Wyndam because they had a cool pool with a slide.

As soon as we got in the room, we got on our swim gear and headed to the pool.
The kids had a lot of fun.
Mr H was even brave enough to go down the slide with his big sister.

We stayed at the pool until it closed at 10 pm.

The girls are ready for bed.

So is My Honey.
It was a queen bed so it was a bit tight as Mr H insisted on sleeping with us but it was comfy.

My Aunt MR is really into British shows and posted a few movies she watched recently that she really enjoyed.
I'll have to check them out.

Looks like they are on Hulu which I don't have but maybe I'll be able to find them on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

I actually saw the trailer for this one and it does look really good - I'd just forgotten about it so this was a good reminder.

Love seeing all that green!

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment