Saturday 3 August 2019

Solo Road Trip (Aug.1, 2019)

I got up early, packed up everything and took it out to the truck.

It was a Best Western I stayed at and it was pretty good - I'd stay there again if just for the free bacon at breakfast!

Then I came back in for one last breakfast at the hotel.

I had the usual - bacon & a bagel.

I had some oatmeal too that I added sliced almonds too - I love oatmeal.

I wanted to leave by 10 am but of course in true me fashion, that didn't happen.
It was after 11 am before I got on the road.

I said good bye to the ladies there - I really enjoyed meeting them and enjoyed my time here at the Fort St John office.

I went to Reitman's and returned EVERYTHING I picked up last night, I didn't like any of it unfortunately.
I tried on a few more things but didn't like any of them either.

It was near lunch time so I stopped at this place that had good reviews online.
However, it was crazy busy and there was a huge line up so I didn't wait.
If I ever come back though, I'll definitely have to give it a try.

Instead I gassed up then hit the road.

The drive was very beautiful and scenic.
I wished I could have taken some pictures but I was driving so I couldn't.

I stopped in Dawson Creek to take a picture of this old Grain Elevator - I love them.

I also grabbed a sandwich and a chocolate chip iced cappucino at Tim Horton's.

I saw this yard with this awesome sign.

It also had these sculptures made from junk I think so I had to turn around and go back to take some pictures.

I love how they did the horse's mane with chain.
So cool.

I really like the bull too, I think they could have skipped the guy though, it doesn't add anything, in fact, I think it takes away from the overall look but that's just my opinion.

Before I got back on the road, I did snap a quick picture of the scenery.
It was rolling hills and mountain views, very pretty.

There was a dog on the road and he was just standing there so I had to stop and so the the oncoming traffic until he finally decided to cross and go back to his house.
It was fortuitous though because it happened right by the Alberta sign so I was able to get a nice picture.

I came next to a town called Beaverlodge,
There was a sign that said it had a giant beaver so you know I had to go check that out.

There he is!

There were some really nice flowers there right by him too.

Then it was back on the road - the canola every where is looking so pretty.

The drive was very peaceful.
I just had it on cruise and was just going along nicely until I came into a rainstorm.
I had to turn of the cruise and drive more slowly for a while.

After about 20 minutes, it stopped and I was treated to a rainbow.

I got to Grande Prairie around 3:30 (it's only about a 2.5 hour drive but there is a time change between Alberta and BC and I had to make a few stops for pee breaks along the way).

I went to Walmart to look for a camera for Miss A.
Her birthday is coming up this week and that's what we decided to get her.
I couldn't find what I wanted there so I hit up Costco, Best Buy and Winners too but no luck.
I left Grande Prairie over 2 hours later empty handed.

It was close to 9 pm when I got home.
It was a long day of driving but I had some good tunes to keep me company so it wasn't that bad.
I was happy to see the house though and My Honey.
He helped me unload then we caught up for a bit before heading to bed.
He had work in the morning and I was just tired.

Yup - this has happened to me.
What a good feeling when you realize you're wrong though!
I have the exact same problem!!!

Miss H posted this sweet picture of her & Baby F.
Love that gorgeous smile!


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment