Tuesday 6 August 2019

Miss A Turns 9! (Aug.4, 2019)

 
I woke up this morning at 4 am and just could not go back to sleep.
So I just got up, made a coffee and found something to watch.
 
I found Big Stone Gap on Netflix and I liked it. 
 
My Honey saw this on his way to work this morning.
Someone was texting and driving - nobody was hurt thankfully but what a big eye opener.
I know people still text and drive because I see it all the time and it's so dangerous.
Only takes a second for something like this to happen and everyone doesn't always manage to escape injury free.
 
I told my niece I'd take her to WCT this morning so we could each get Miss A a gift.
I had settled on just giving her money but figured I might as well have another look for a camera.
You never know. 

Our first stop was Booster Juice.
I tried the Matcha one this time - I really liked it.

My wonderful niece.
She was tracking her Booster Juice.
She's doing so well - every time I talk to her it gets me motivated (too bad it doesn't last).
I jokingly (but kind of seriously) asked her to be my motivational trainer.
She's started running now.
So proud of her determination and just for making a plan and sticking to it.
She wants to start learning how to budget and I know she's going to rock that too.

I found one!!!
I was so happy, this is exactly what I wanted and it was the perfect price $45.
I got a memory card for it as well then later on at the dollar store we found a case for it.

We saw these tea towels and thought they were fun.

I'm not sure which is my favorite.

My niece figured I should buy this one for My Honey & I did consider it until I remembered how many tea towels we already have.

So I refrained from purchasing - good for me.
I did send pictures of them to My Honey so he could enjoy them too.
 
He sent back a picture of his monster meatloaf for bbq at work today.
He put velveeta cheese chunks in it and wrapped it in bacon.
It is going to be delicious I'm sure - I almost want to drop out there so I can have some.

My Niece really likes planning calendars and daily journals and we saw these stickers which she loved.
I took a picture so I'd remember to order some for her for Christmas.
 
We stopped at the store and my niece picked up some flowers for Miss A.

After we finished up our shopping - we stopped to get some lunch.
 
The donair I ordered had pickled turnip, lettuce, fries and garlic sauce.
I only ate it when we I got home - it was really good.
I got My Honey one too - the really spicy one they have.
He can have it tonight for supper when he gets home - if he's even hungry anymore after the lunch he's cooking up at work. 
 
We stopped and picked up the chairs I'd found on the buy & sell.

The arms were dirtier than I expected so I got to work cleaning them.
They cleaned up pretty well.
Now I just have to figure out where I'm going to put them.
 
Then just after 4, I went and picked my niece back up and we headed over to my brother's for Miss A's birthday supper. 

Mr H was getting ready to go out and ride his bike.

My brother and Miss A were chilling on the couch. 

It wasn't long before supper was ready.

My SIL made sheppard's pie.
Instead of adding vegetable soup to the hamburger, she added tomato soup, fresh carrots, frozen corn and peas.
It was really good - I think I might make mine like that next time.

My two handsome brothers.

It was hard to get this guy to eat - he wasn't interested because he thought there were vegetables in it.
It took a bit of convincing but eventually he finished his plate.

Selfie with the birthday girl - her birthday is actually tomorrow and she'll be 9!
 
Selfie with my other niece, Miss M.

She wanted a kitty cake .
 
Funny, when Miss M turned 12, she asked for a kitty cake too.
We went a different route and she wasn't exactly thrilled.
It's all totally edible but she refused to eat it.
Ha ha.
She wasn't impressed at the time but we have a good laugh about it now.

Miss A was much happier with her kitty cake.

She insisted on having the piece with the cats head and ate very carefully all around it which I thought was funny.

Then it was time to open presents.

She really like her camera - my brother got to work right away getting it opened and putting the SD card and batteries into it so she could use it.

Mr H was happy for her that she was getting so many things that she liked.

She had a pretty good little haul.

He had to show me the new monster bus he got. 
 
Then it was back out for some more biking.
 
He's quite the little dare devil.
He goes up to the top of the street then comes down as fast as he can.
He figured out how to use his brakes and make skid marks.
He hasn't had a spill yet and I hope if he does that I'm not here to see it. 

He found a worm, he thought that was pretty cool.
 
We all sat out on the step for a bit.
It was nice to see the sun, we've been having so much rain here this summer.

We waited for My Honey who walked over when he got off of work.
He had a little something for Miss A himself.
Turns out it was a basket filled with bath bombs and soaps.
She really liked it. 

After we left my brother's we headed to my son's.
They were still eating supper when I got there.
 
Miss H had a project she was working on.
She painted this cabinet that they had.

She did it this teal blue color and she was just finishing up when we got there.
It looks really good - brightens the whole room right up.

Miss Z and her dad were there visiting too.

I brought over the little couch I'd ordered for Baby F for her birthday and Miss Z tested it out.

She liked it.

She also had to show me some of her gymnastic moves.

She wanted me to take a picture of her doing it.
So I did.
 
Then I took a video of her too.
Kids just love seeing themselves doing funny things.

Meanwhile, Baby F was watching all this from her chair - she wasn't eating anymore, just wanting to get out.
I think there's more food on her face then on her plate.

So they put her down and she came right over and joined our band with her little hedgehog accordion.
I was playing the guitar and Miss Z was playing the xylophone.

I love the cute dress they had on her.

The couch is the perfect size for her.

She climbed right up on it.

I tried to get a picture of them sitting on it together - this was the best I could get.
 
I think they are going to get a lot of use out of it.

She really liked that toy - she was carrying it around the whole time we were there.
 
Cutest chick in the band.

The rest of the band.
 
We let Miss Z play in the box that the couch came in and Baby F wanted in there too.
Today was the very first time ever that Baby F came to me and put her arms up for me to pick her up.
I was thrilled.
I didn't want to leave but of course we eventually had to.
She's really warming up and not so shy around everyone anymore so that is wonderful.
Maybe I'll be able to take her to my place for a few hours soon or maybe even a sleep over.
I sure hope so. 
 
Saw this cute idea on Facebook.
People are so creative.
 
 
That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment