Friday 30 August 2019

Leduc, Drayton Valley & Sleepover with Mr H. (Aug.23, 2019)

We got up fairly early because I had a few things I needed to do before we headed out to Drayton Valley and not much time.

We had breakfast at Tim Horton's.
Bagel BELT on a whole grain bagel with bacon.
Yum Yum.

They even had the jalapeno bagels My Honey likes so he was happy about that.

We checked out one of my favorite stores, "It's A Crock Country Store".
I just love everything in that place and wish I could buy it all.
I came out empty handed though.
I was looking for a cow picture they posted online but it was gone.

We did all the shopping that we needed to in Leduc.
I picked up this cute unicorn pinata for the birthday party tomorrow.

We went to Habanero's for some lunch.
I had a virgin caesar and it was fabulous.
Incidentally, I love their glassware.

They normally sit us at the same table so we were both surprised and pleased to sit somewhere different this tim.
I just love the decor in this place.

They brought out free chips and salsa to start.

I ordered corn on the cob.
It had A LOT of mayo on it, maybe too much.

I was so looking forward to have the tortilla soup and I was so disappointed.
It was awful
I didn't even pretend to eat it.
My Honey and I shared some nachos too - they were ok, nothing special.

We weren't overly thrill with our last visit either and it's so sad.
We felt we found such a gem when we first tried this place but it's been going downhill rapidly.
I won't say we won't be back but it won't be in a hurry, that's for sure.

After we ate, we headed to Drayton Valley.
We made it there just in time to drop the truck off for our 4 pm appointment.

We walked across the street and finished off the rest of the shopping we needed to do.

The appointment was only supposed to be an hour but ended up being two hours.
I felt bad because I had told Mr H he could sleep over tonight.
Miss A is having a couple of friends sleep over so too many girls for him.
(Really he didn't care, my brother just thought it would be nice for Miss A).
We still had a couple of hours drive to get home so we weren't going to have that much time to spend with him.

He was still quite happy to come over even though it was late.
Right away he got the magic tool box and picked himself out a treat.

He was really happy with his choice.

We had a little dance party in the kitchen.

Testing out the new mini chair we picked up.
I think we'll keep this one at our place for the kids to sit in when they come over.

My Honey & Mr H filled the pinata up with candy.
They packed it in there pretty good.
This is so true for me.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment