Monday 5 August 2019

Productive Day (Aug.3, 2019)

I didn't sleep very well last night - tossed and turned - not sure why.
So I slept in this morning, I needed it.

I made a coffee and found a movie to watch.
Good Sam.
It was a cute movie - I liked it.

I made tuna salad last night for supper and that's what I had this morning for breakfast/lunch.

I checked Amazon to see if a parcel I'd ordered was going to be here soon and it said it had already been delivered.
So I popped down to the office to have a look.

It was there.
It's the mini couch I ordered for Baby F for her birthday.

I also had another parcel on my desk. 

 

It was the prize I'd won for a fitness challenge I participated in at work.
It's a little back pack that has a water pouch inside it and a little hose so you can drink it while you are wearing it.
Neat - not sure if I'll ever use it though.

I wanted to do something productive today so I hunted in my craft room for a project and found this.
I'm not crazy with how it turned out so I'm going to sand it down and start over.

I went outside to do most of the sanding (leave the mess out there).
I think that will do.

I found some paint to use.
I'm really into white lately.

I got a few coats on it. 

I picked this up at the second hand store in FSJ for $2.
I gave it a good cleaning so I could paint it and the paint would stick.
I like the design on it. 

I am going to put a few coats of white then probably another color on top.
I haven't decided which color yet or what I'm even going to use it for but I'll find something.

I saved the last coffee container My Honey emptied and I saw neat containers made with these so I saved it to try it myself.

This is the first coat - it will take a few to cover it but I think it will look good when it's done.

I was going to go over to visit Baby F but they weren't home so instead I watched some more renovation shows when I wasn't painting.
I got all three items coated 4 times.
They look good and are ready for the next step.

I met My Honey at the store after work and we picked up a few things then when we got home, I cooked up some burgers.
I left them unattended for a few minutes longer than intended and burnt a few of them rather badly.
I was frustrated with myself but shook it off soon enough.
I just cut off the burnt part and they still tasted pretty good.

So true.
I catch myself in the comments section all the time on social media posts reading back and forth what people are saying to each other.
It's silly really.
Some people are really hateful and to people they don't even know.
It's sad and depressing.
I have to catch myself - I for sure don't want to get caught up in other peoples drama.

We had another early night.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment