Tuesday 6 August 2019

First Birthday Party Preparations Begin (Aug.5, 2019)

Today was a holiday but I worked so that I could take Wednesday off instead.
We are heading out to Vancouver for an extra long weekend Wednesday morning.

I weighed in when I got to work.
No surprise here, I've not been on track with my eating and most definitely have not been very active.

It was super quiet at the office seeing that I was the only one there and I got tons done. 

I didn't bother going home for lunch, just worked right through.
I brought the rest of the left over tuna salad with me and just ate at my desk.

When I got home, I got to work making a big number one to use to take pictures for Baby F's upcoming first birthday.
I drew up what I wanted then cut it out of this kind of thin styrofoam board that I picked up at the dollar store.

I picked up a bunch of flowers in yellow, white and purple and the next step was to pull all the flowers off the stems.
I pulled the leaves off too.

I put them all in a bowl so I could keep them together but access them easily too.

I wonder if he thinks he's helping?

I got my glue gun out and just started gluing the flowers on.
I put them really close together at first (near the bottom) then realized as I worked my way up that they actually looked better if I left a bit of space.

After I got the flowers all on, I went back and added a few leaves here and there, just to add some green.

I tried to make a stand for it so it would stand on it's own but it didn't really work so for now I just have it leaning.
Aside from that, I do like how it turned out.
I kind of wanted to pull all the flowers off and start over but I think this will do.

One minute these two were wrestling around on the floor fighting and the next they were like this on the couch next to me.

I picked up a Cheeseburger frozen pizza on my way home and that's what I had for supper.

My Honey was really late getting home.
So basically he ate then we hit the bed. 

Today was Miss A's actual birtday.
Her mom posted this nice picture of her helping to make supper yesterday.

Miss H posted this picture of Baby F enjoying her couch today.
She seems to really like it which is awesome!


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment