Monday 19 August 2019

Being a Grandma is the Best! (Aug.12, 2019)


Well weigh in this morning was an eye opener.
I gained more on our short trip to Vancouver than I did on our long trip to NYC.
My feet are still a bit swollen so hopefully this number will drop rapidly this week as the swelling goes down.

I took advantage of the rainless morning and got out for a walk to the end of the driveway.

I picked up these shoes in Vancouver for 16 bucks and I just love them.
They are nice and light.

Work was super busy today with catch up and meetings.
I wasn't even able to break away for coffee break.

My Honey was still on days off and he made this fabulous supper for us.
Chicken, brussel sprouts, mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy and sour cream sauce.
The sour cream sauce is a version of the one his mom made when we were just there with parsley and lots of garlic.
I'm sure my breath is horrendous afterwards but it is so delicious that I can't resist.

My son was working and Miss H had baseball so she asked if I would babysit.
Of course I jumped at the opportunity.
It's only the second time that I've babysat her.
The first time was months ago and it was rough, she did a lot of crying that night and I did a lot of singing and walking while holding her.

My Honey came with me - he likes spending time with Baby F just as much as I do.

They got busy right away building block towers.

She was very concentrated and serious about helping him.

I found the alphabet magnet toy I'd picked up for her and we played with that for a bit.

She was getting the hang of putting the magnets in but didn't quite grasp that you had to take one out before you could put a new one in.
She was just trying to add them on top of each other.

I was having a hard time getting her to look at me for a picture at first because she was so busy.

Then I put the camera in selfie mode and that caught her attention.

Hanging with grandma (I still kind of can't believe that I'm a grandmother!!!)
I'm loving every minute of it though.
Sometimes I just look at her and I'm in awe of how much I love her - it's a wonderful feeling.

It's nice to see that she's liking her little couch.

She wasn't sure what to think about Ernie sharing it with her.

My Honey made Ernie dance then she had to try.

Dancing with Ernie.

I guess she decided to be friend with Ernie.

She sat him on the couch with her.


Even gave him hugs.

My Honey found some children's songs on YouTube (on his phone) and gave it to her to listen to.

Then the music stopped so she needed him to fix it.

Decisions, decisions.
She couldn't decide if she wanted the phone or the toy.

Still thinking about it, just from a comfier spot.

Then we played on her Frozen ride on car.

The seat lifts up and you can store things inside.
She normally puts blocks in there but today she wanted to get in there herself.

Mom got home around 8:30 and it was time for a bath.

I'm so glad that I'm able to spend time with her now without her mom & dad being there and she seems to be ok with it.
I look forward to lots more babysitting and spending as much time with her as I can.

My Honey picked himself up a Fitbit yesterday so when we got home, we spent a bunch of time trying to set it up.
We were having trouble - we tried it on his phone, his computer and my computer and no luck.
Finally, he had the bright idea to use my tablet and that worked.
It's up and running and it's safe to assume that the competition is on!

I saw this on Instagram and I want to try to make a string art piece.
I really like this one and might try it.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment