Tuesday 20 August 2019

Icing Fail (Aug.16, 2019)

I woke up when My Honey left for work this morning and I couldn't go back to sleep.
I got up, made a coffee and found a movie to watch.

Otherhood

Looks like it was recently released on Netflix and I quite liked it.

After the movie I made myself some breakfast.
Eggs, bacon and toast with cream cheese and red pepper jelly.
It was delicious.

I decided that instead of working out all at once this morning that I would do it in sections so each time I went down to do change the laundry, I would jump on the treadmill for 10 minutes or so.

I baked a cake yesterday because I wanted to try my hand at icing.
I wanted to make a monster cake for Baby F for a smash cake.
I cut circles out of the large cake and got started.
It didn't go so well.

The edges where I'd cut the cake were really crumbly and I just couldn't get the icing to stick.
The icing wasn't stiff enough either so it would just kind of flatten out.

I played around though and tried a few different tips.

I think if I buy cake pans the size I want so that the edges are hard and make my own icing so I can control the stiffness that it just might work.
So I dumped this in the garbage and I'll try again.
If worse comes to worse, I'll just ice it with a swirly technique like I'd ice any other cake and add tons of sprinkles.

Maybe I'll even pick up some glittery sprinkles.
Glitter and sprinkles make everything look good.

My last time on the treadmill today I actually did about 30 minutes so I finished out the day with over an hour on the treadmill.

Still no running but I'll get there.

I was thinking about all this stuff while I was on the treadmill so when I finished, I figured I might as well make use of that big old white board that's been blank on the wall for months.

This is one for me to remember:

A Little 
+ A Little    
+ A Little   
= A Lot!    

Every little bit counts!
Think I'm going to put that on a t-shirt.

I also made a tracker on the board.
I used to do it on sheets and it helps me to push myself.
If I keep trying to do just a little bit better than I did yesterday, the sky's the limit.
I can reach any goal.
I saw this before but still though it was funny.
I mean where the heck is this sign and why is it needed?

This made me full on laugh out loud.
The poor wind 😂😂😂


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment