Monday 19 August 2019

Back Home We Go & Squeaky Shoes! (Aug. 11, 2019)

Well we came to the end of another adventure, time to head home.
Our flight was leaving at 8 am but we knew it was going to take us an hour just to get there so we were up and out the door by 5 am.

It was so early that there wasn't even any one at the reception desk of the hotel yet.

It was gorgeous out already.
The street always looks so nice when it's this early in the morning and everything is so quiet still.

It's a very cute street we stayed on, the trees have lights in them which I love.

I wasn't too sure about the hotel but it we ended up really liking it.
It was in a nice location albeit very far from the airport and the city.
A very nice area though and it gave us the opportunity to see a part of the city that we otherwise wouldn't have seen.
The rooms were big and the place had character - we'd stay here again.

Our plan was to hop on the sky train to the water front then change over to the sky train that goes to the airport but we were surprised to discover that the train doesn't even start running until around 7 am on the weekends.

So we ended up having to call a cab.
Since it was so early, there was barely any traffic and we made it to the airport in about 40 minutes.
It cost us around 60 bucks but we didn't have any other choice so no biggie.

Getting through security was a breeze and before you know it we were sitting at our gate waiting to board.

We found some comfy seats to sit on so that was nice.
Neither of us was very hungry so we just got coffees and figured we'd wait until we hit Edmonton to get some breakfast.

It was quiet at the airport too, not many people around at all. 

Boarded and ready to go!

It was a quick flight back to Edmonton and before you know it, we were at the luggage carousel waiting for our suitcase.

Has your luggage ever been the first one out on the belt?
Ours hasn't but I'm still waiting for the time that it is!

We parked at Park'N Fly this time instead of Jetset.

We waited quite some time for a shuttle too - we saw two Jetset shuttles go by before ours finally arrived.
Park'N Fly is a bit cheaper but I think we'll go back to Jetset next time.

We stopped at Famosa in Spruce Grove for lunch.
I had the Famosa salad which I love.

My Honey tried a new pizza they had - the Diablo.

We also got these new meatballs they had on the menu.
They were good but I prefer the prosciutto covered mozzaballs we normally get.

We stopped at Walmart for groceries then in Barrhead at the coop for some chicken strips with that delicious honey dill dip.

We stopped in to visit at my son's as soon as we got to town.
We were both missing Baby F and we picked her up a few things we wanted to drop off.
I picked up these shoes and when she put them on and started walking, I was just as surprised as she was.
They squeaked with each step, ha ha.
It was so funny, she didn't know what to think of them at first but got used to them.
I think they would get annoying really fast though.

We bought her a new alphabet magnet toy and we opened it up for her to try out.

My Honey always gets right down on the floor with her and she likes that.

Look what I got mommy.

My brother came upstairs and she went right over to him to be picked up.

The shoes are too cute.

We got her a little hat too so My Honey tried it on her.
It looked cute but she didn't want to leave it on.

My other brother dropped by for a quick visit.
His honey and the kids went for a trip to BC to visit her childhood home (my brother had to work so couldn't go) but he's bored and lonely at home all by himself.
He got Baby F to crack a half smile there - no easy feat but he did it!

We went home after our visit, unloaded the truck, put the groceries away then chilled with our kitties for the evening.

I was thinking about Halloween costumes already and found some really cute ideas on google.
These are just pictures from there - not any people that I know but really great costume ideas. 

Creepy but cute.

Best Edward Scissorhands ever!

OMG - the look on that kids face is priceless!

Another cute version of Chuckie.

This Chuckie is my favorite though.

Great looking Joker.

I think this is meant to be Beetlejuice and it is fantastic.

Sweet.

I love this little troll costume.

Ha ha ha - this kid has a great stink eye.

This little ghostie costume would be easy to make.

Love the MJ costume although I wouldn't want it for Baby F - neat idea though.

I can't even - what a great idea.

This one is just so adorable.

I used to make costumes for my son when he was small so I hope that I'll be able to make some for Baby F too.

Miss H dyed her hair black and I think it looks great on her.

It has rained here at home nearly every single day since we got back from NYC in July and it's just been a really dreary summer.
So this is super fitting.

I actually like my job and very seldom get irritated or angry but I still thought this was funny.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment