Thursday 1 August 2019

Buggy Ride! (July 30, 2019)

There was complimentary breakfast at the hotel and they had bacon so I loaded up on that.

Then it was off to work at the Fort St John office again - my home for the week.

My Honey was just heading home from his parents today.
He stopped at Walmart on the way home and picked up this popper toy for Baby F.

One of the ladies I'm training just recently got this awesome convertible punch buggy and she offered to take me for a drive in it with the top down at lunch time.

She took me to this place for me to grab some lunch  - The Canadian Grind.
It was an awesome spot - it was attached to a craft store - right up my alley.
I didn't have much time to check it out though as I just ordered my lunch then we headed back to the office to eat.

I got a sandwich.

I also got a slice of this lemon bar but I only had a small slice of it for dessert.
It was delicious.

One of the girls told me about a place in town that makes these giant milkshakes so I looked it up.
She was right, that is a monster right there.
This picture is on their Facebook page - I sent it to My Honey and told him we have to come back and go there some day.
 
My son hasn't had much work since he's been back so being the thoughtful guy that My Honey is, he picked them up a few groceries and some Kentucky Fried Chicken.
My son actually was working today but Miss H was home with Baby F so he was able to drop her off the gift he picked up for her.
She liked it.

I found a second hand store that was still open after work so I browsed there - got a few things then I looked for a place to eat.
This is another of the recommendations from the girls at the office so I went there.
Roustabout's

It had a pretty good menu.
The Beef Carpaccio had fried capers so I was sold on that and I got the Mexican Salad to go with it.

The Beef Carpaccio.

Mexican Salad - I got it with the pulled pork.

The food was really good but it was a lot.
This was all the damage I could do on the appetizer.

I could only eat about half of the salad as well.

They had these cool 3d signs on the washroom doors!

My Honey got the kitties a treat too.
A little piggy and he said they were quite interested in it - he would go as far as saying that they liked it but it's growing on them.
 
I made a stop at Walmart after supper to pick up a few things.
I got an outfit for Miss A whose birthday is coming up and some cards for the other birthdays.
August is a busy month for our family with 5 birthdays.
 
I went back to the room fairly early to work on some blog catch up.
I watched tv until far too late - I always do that in a hotel room.
It's so easy to do with the TV right there - that's why we don't have a tv in our bedroom at home.
 
My Honey sent me one more picture of Baby F enjoying her popper toy!
 
 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment