Saturday, 15 August 2026

Sad Day at the Office (Aug.11, 2026)

Well today turned out to be a shocker at work.

Our superintendent, foreman and HR adviser all showed up and ended up letting three people go.

Calvin, John and James are all guys that I've been working with since I started here back in 2007 so nearly 20 years.

It seemed to come out of the clear blue sky so it was pretty upsetting and frankly kind of hard to wrap our minds around.

It's hard to spend time with a person every day for years and years and then suddenly they are just gone and you don't even have a chance to say good bye or anything.

It's going to make such a change in our office dynamics, there are only about 7 of us left in the office now - things are going to be quiet.

When I got home, I got to work on my craft room.
I need to move this shelf up so the new shelves/drawers I picked up at the second hand store can fit.
I took everything down off the shelf, then unscrewed the shelf, moved it up just a couple inches then started working on putting everything back.

In the meantime, Kody called to say the girls wanted to come for a visit so he dropped them off.
Eden didn't want to stay so he took her back home but then about 15 minutes later, she changed her mind so Haylee brought her back.

Freya is totally in slime making mode these days so was trying out a new recipe.

Freya's slime making tutorial.

It didn't turn out much like slime but she had fun doing it.
I think I'm going to find a good recipe and buy the ingredients and then do it with her.

Freya decided that she wanted to have a sleep over so she went down and checked with mom to see if she could watch them then called Haylee to let her know they were staying the night.

It was so funny, she just arranged the whole thing so they ended up spending the night.

I did not get my step count in.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment