Monday, 17 August 2026

Celebrating Declan (Aug.16, 2026)

I had a quiet morning - it's strange being by myself like this.

I was a little behind on my blog so I got that caught up.

Then I got the spaghetti sauce made for supper and cleaned the kitchen.
I also did some general cleaning around the house.

I did a 500 piece puzzle.
I was just going to do the border then go for a walk but it was a pretty easy one so I just ended up doing the whole thing first.

I kept procrastinating on the walk all day but finally did head out around 2 pm.
It was nice weather for a walk, a little warmer than I expected actually.
I haven't been going for walks lately and I miss them.

I ordered mom and digital frame about a year ago now and I finally sat down today and got it set up for her.
It was fairly easy to do, I don't know why I waited so long to do it.

Jennifer and the boys arrived around 4 pm and Rob arrived shortly after.

Morgan, Kalem and Whitney were next to arrive just after 5:30, we had just started eating.

We were having dinner to celebrate Declan's birthday and Morgan had made him this Minecraft cake.

The birthday boy himself.

Kalem, Morgan and Whitney.

Whitney didn't get to help Declan blow out his candles so we lit one for her separately and let her blow it out.

Mom and Rob.

Jen and her baby boy Ethan.

Kody had to work late so it was after 6:30 when he arrived with the girls.

Eden was on fire, just running around and playing and having a great time.

Kody.

Freya.

She wasn't in a cuddle mood today, I could not get a hug from her at all.

Pretending to be a kitty cat.

Crazy little kitty cat.

Whitney wanted a turn before they left.

We all hung out and watched blooper videos and just chatted, it was nice.
I always feel like I should come up with activities for us to do when everyone is here - I don't know why.
Just being together and visiting is good.

Meanwhile Jason and his mom picked raspberries.

He got the pizza oven going.

Cooked up a bunch of pizza.

Looks so good, I hope he brings some home with him.

After everyone left Jason still wasn't home so I sat and watched Bridgerton until he got home and he did bring some pizza which I had a slice of immediately.
He had a good visit with his parents albeit a quick one.

Haylee posted a bunch of pictures today from summer so far that I thought I would share.

Eden at Rotary Park in Whitecourt.

Hunter, Freya, Eden and Zepplyn at Rotary Park.

Freya and the gorgeous night sky.

Eden with Ozzy looking on.

Freya and her friend painting.

Freya and a friend.

Eden.

Haylee and the girls.

Eden in her fairy costume.

I did get all of my steps in today.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment