Saturday, 15 August 2026

Cow Hunt (Aug.9, 2026)

 The girls had a pretty good sleep in this morning.

Meanwhile, Jason went for a run and I just chilled and had a coffee.

When he got back, he was going to head out for a bike ride but Freya insisted on joining him then of course Eden wanted to go as well so he hitched up the bike trailer and they headed out.

I was just sitting doing nothing so decided to get my bike out and join them.

We went down by the school and Freya challenged us to a 'cow hunt'.

There is this cow that moves all over town and ends up on different yards.
Freya spotted it first and so the girls wanted to go up and get their pictures taken with it.

Eden giving the victory sign was so cute.

Back at the house, Jason had some things he wanted to get done in the backyard and the girls wanted to be out there helping him.

I decided to tackle my craft room.
It's been the catch all as usual when I'm cleaning and if I have something I'm not sure what to do with, it gets put in here.

Over time it ends up turning into a big disaster and I've been wanting to get to it so today was the day.

Kody came and picked the girls up around 3 pm, I had just started in - I discovered that Professor Snuggles had peed on the floor in the craft room so I had to clean it really well and I ended up having to trash a few things.
I was not impressed.

I was listening to my latest book while I cleaned and ended up finishing it.
It was short but I liked the story and the ending.
Now it's time to hunt for a new book.

You can see the floor again - Yay!


The desk is clear and ready for me to go ahead and start crafting.

I think I'm going to make some changes in here.
I got some storage containers at the second hand store that I'm trying to find a spot for.
Plus this ribbon storage doesn't really work for me.
I think it's a waste of space really.





I'm trying to out a better method of ribbon storage and saw this online - I think I could make something like this and I think it would work.
Currently they are on one dowel and it runs through the middle so if I want some ribbon that is in the center, I have to pull everything else off so it's kind of a pain in the butt.

While I worked in my office, Jason got to work on the bike.
This is the bike I picked up for him at a yard sale for 20 bucks.
It has some wear and rust but overall he figures it's a pretty good bike.

He took it all apart, sanded it and then painted it.

He picked this green color which I like.
He is going to take it in to the city and drop it off at a bike shop and get them to 'service' it.

I'm glad it worked out.

It rained on and off all day which made it tough for him because he was working outdoors but he managed to get it done.

I took mom down for groceries then had a lovely bath.

Then we just spent the evening watching Dateline before calling it a night.

I did not get my steps in.
I also felt very snacky today, ate a lot of crackers which I don't normally but I was craving them.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment