Monday, 24 August 2026

Freya Turns 8! (Aug.22, 2026)

Today one of my very favorite people in the whole wide world turned 8.

These were pictures from yesterday but I thought I'd just share them again.

She is such a caring, sweet, thoughtful, funny, artistic, creative, and really just all around amazing person.

I love being around her, she has such a pleasant personality, she truly is a joy.

 

They are both so sweet and I feel blessed beyond measure to be their Grandma.

Haylee shared some pictures of some of the activities they got up to in the city today.
They checked out Spirit Halloween.

This is Eden trying on a costume.

Both girls trying on masks - so creepy.

Freya pretending to be scared.

They went and tried the Tisto fruits.

They took the girls to the pool at the West Edmonton Mall too so it sounds like they are having lots of fun which makes my heart happy.

I on the other hand had a pretty chill day.

I went out for a walk, did some cleaning and had a nice long bath.
I wasn't feeling the best, this cold or something isn't terrible but I do feel not myself.

Jason was working on the briskets most of the day then when they were ready - he and I delivered them out to the golf course.

I did make a puzzle today - it was a fun one.

While I worked on my puzzle, Jason worked on making a gift box for the necklace from Ivy.

This is what he created.

He decorated it with things that a fairy would have on hand.

The necklace looks really good nestled in amongst the flowers.

Then he placed it on the mantle so it would be ready for her to find next time she comes over.

Then we watched Project Hail Mary.
It's been a long time since we just sat and watched a movie together.

It was a really good movie and I'm so glad I ready the book first.
It gave a lot of context to what was happening.
I think I may have been a bit lost had I not.

Nearly met my step goal.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment