Monday, 24 August 2026

Celebrating Freya (Aug.21, 2026)

 Jen had to work this morning and Freya and I had a pretty good sleep in so we didn't see her before she left.

One last selfie with this 7 year old, tomorrow she's turning 8.
Time is flying by so fast - I wish it would slow down a bit.

We went for breakfast at Cora's.
Freya had scrambled eggs and a chocolate banana crepe.

I had cinnamon roll French toast with strawberries and English cream with a side of bacon.
So good!

Then we went for pedicures and manicures.
Freya got her feet done and I got my nails done.

We did a bit more shopping in the St. Albert mall.

Freya found this squishie 'butter'.

We made a few more stops at Walmart, the dollar store and Goodwill before heading to Barrhead.

Kody, Haylee and Eden met us in Barrhead at Rita's.
We were doing cake there for Freya's birthday then they were going to head back to the city to do some fun stuff with Freya and I was heading home.

Freya picked out this pie that you make out of slime and her and Kody went outdoors and did it.
It really does look like a pie.

Rita fed us all supper then it was time for cake.

Kody had picked up the cake in Swan Hills.
I ordered it there because they have pretty good cakes and I actually like the icing they use, it isn't overly sweet like most icing is.

Happy birthday Freya.

Eden was singing to Freya and it was so sweet.
I just kind caught the end of it.

Aww - I just love that they have each other.

Big smiles.

We had to light the candles a couple times so everyone got a chance to blow them out.

I knew Emily, Eric and Zepplyn were all there so it was nice that they were all there to have cake with Freya.

She's growing up so fast.

She opened some presents.

Then I headed home.

The sky was looking so nice.

I finished listening to Project Hail Mary on the drive home.
I really enjoyed it - now I'll have to watch the movie.

Jason and I just had a chill evening when I got home.

I did not reach my daily step goal.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment