Saturday, 15 August 2026

Calgary Zoo and Meltro Burger (Aug.2, 2026)

 Jason is so dedicated.

He went out for a run this morning and came across some lovely sidewalk art.

Some of us decided to go to the Calgary Zoo today.
Alivia went with Morgan, Kalem and Whitney.

Then Freya went with Adrien and Hunter.
Crystal and Zepplyn went on their own so that left just Jason, Eden and I.
On the way out the door, Mom decided that she wanted to come too.

So when we got there, I told Jason to take Eden and go ahead to catch up with the others and I took Mom to get her a motorized wheel chair because I figured the zoo would be a lot of walking for her and she would get tired out.

Jason texted to say he was by the bison.

Eden checking out the animals.

They stopped and watched the otters for a bit.

Then they came to this park in the zoo called Bugtopia.

Eden wanted to play there so they hung out there for quite a while.

This was a cool merry go round.

There was this neat slide.

Bumpy slide.

There was this little thing with the rollers on it.

On a track to nowhere.

This beehive looking ladder/climbing thing was neat.

There was this rope bridge that she went back and forth on over and over.

Meanwhile, Mom and I were zipping through trying to catch up with them.
We didn't really stop to look at any of the animals except the polar bear.
We stopped and watched him briefly.

Then we met up with Jason and Eden at Bugtopia.

The controls on the wheelchair for mom were on the right side and she was having a hard time using them so I decided to go back and switch it for the left side so we left Jason and Eden and headed back to the entrance.
I ended up having to do the controls for mom.

It took us a bit to get there because we had to follow the path - there is only one way in and out.
When we got there, they had no left handed ones but mom said she didn't want one anyway.
She was tired and just wanted to sit at a bench and wait for us to be done.
That would have been boring for her so I called Jen to see if she'd come pick mom up.

It was a half hour drive from where we were staying so we had something to eat while we waited.
After Jen got Mom, I raced back in to try to find Jason and Eden.

I caught up with them and then we called everyone else to see where they were at so we could go meet up with them.

We did stop and watch the pink flamingos for a bit - I think Eden liked them, she was talking to them.

We met up with everyone else and started heading to one of the sections of the zoo they hadn't been to yet.

Stopped to see the camels.

Freya posing for me.

Quite the smile.

Close up.

Hunter and Adrien were walking with their arms around each other and I thought it was so sweet.

Next up was the snow leopards.

Awww, so cute.

Snow leopard resting.

We saw other animals but I didn't really take many pictures.
It was hot and the kids were tired so we finished up the Asia section and decided to call it a day.

Stopped by the penguin plunge for a picture.

Had to get one with Papa.

Eden wanted to pose with the penguin by herself.

Then she had to hide behind it.

I'm not sure where she learned to do this but she does it for pictures all the time, so cute!

She was so tuckered out, she fell asleep as soon as we got her in the car.

We felt like having burgers so we stopped at this spot Jason found that had good reviews, Meltro Burger.

We didn't want to wake Eden up so I waited in the car with her while Jason went in and ordered our food.
This is what we got.

Unfortunately, the burgers were just ok.
The buns were stale which was not enjoyable, I only ate half of it then tossed the rest.

Adrien and the kids had to head back tonight because he has to work tomorrow.
They were late leaving and Freya always gets so upset when Hunter leaves.
I wish they were closer so we could see him more often.

I did manage to reach my step goal and then some.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment