Tuesday 8 August 2023

Swimming at Millenium Place, Shopping and Ice Cream (Aug.6, 2023)

We had to be out of the VRBO by 11 am so we were up early and headed out for a run.

We split up because Jason is way faster than me - I went pretty much the same route as I did yesterday.

 

The sun was shining.

It was so pretty out there.

I ended up running the full 6k today.
I ran all the way up the hill I had to walk up yesterday.

The exercise details.

My average pace and details for the run.

Running feels so good - especially when the run is done!

This is what the streets around where our VRBO is look like.
 I love big old trees and when they line a street and create a canopy it's just so gorgeous.

I saw this punch buggy on my run and then not long after I passed it, Jason sent me this picture with the caption "Punch Buggy Red".

We got back and showered, then packed up and left the VRBO.
Jason brought his truck so we'd have enough room for everyone.

We went to a diner that was only a couple of streets away from our rental we'd stayed at, called Route 99, to have some breakfast.

Jen and the boys.

Hunter.

Jason, Alivia and I.

Morgan and Hunter

Breakfast was good, I had pancakes, bacon and eggs.

Then we headed to Millenium Place in Sherwood Park and spent the next couple of hours swimming.
I left my phone in the locker so no pictures of that but I think everyone enjoyed it.

The crew all heading back to the vehicles.

Oh yeah - I was there too.

Morgan!

After swimming, we went to Walmart to pick up a few things.
I wanted Alivia to pick out a birthday present and she picked curtains and some make up.

We were going to get Declan a present as well but he is saving up for a new controller so we just gave him some cold hard cash.

After shopping, we stopped at Smash Burger for supper.
I had a burger and some brussels sprouts - weigh in tomorrow likely won't be good.

Our last stop before heading home was for ice cream at The Whole Scoop in Stony Plain for ice cream.
Declan, Jen and Jason.

Alivia, Ethan and Declan.

Alvia and Morgan.

Hunter and I.
Ice cream was a nice treat and when we were done, we hit the road for the hills.

It was about 8 when we got home.
Mom was happy to see Jen and the boys.

I'm glad I still have another day off tomorrow to stay home and chill out with everyone.


That's all for today, until next tiume, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment