Monday 7 August 2023

Longest Run In Awhile and Nice VRBO in Strathcona (Aug.4, 2023)

Morgan was having a bit of a rough start to her day so Mom and I went to the store to get her a few things and dropped them off to her.
Freya came with us and when she saw that Ella was there, she wanted to stay and play with the girls and Morgan said it was fine so I left her.

We are heading to the city later for the weekend and Freya can't come because Haylee's grandparents are coming up for the weekend to celebrate their anniversary and they all have plans to hang out together.
So I figured it would just be easier if Kody went and picked her up after we were gone.

I wanted to get a run in before we headed in to the city so I went home, got ready and headed out.
I wanted to see if I could do a bit longer of a run today and I managed to do 9k which felt pretty darn good.

The exercise details.

My average pace and splits.
I pretty much got slower and slower but that's ok - as long as I'm just doing it I'm happy.
Speed will come later or it won't but either way, I'm not too worried about it.

The longest run I've done in a while.

My flowers are looking pretty good in spite of all of the hail we've been getting this year.

We had a few things to do around the house so it was later in the afternoon when we finally headed in to the city.
I rented a vrbo in the Strathcona area - it has 5 rooms so lots of room for Jen and the boys then Morgan, Alivia and Hunter will be joining us tomorrow night.
 
I loved how the house looked online and couldn't wait to see it and it did not disappoint.
This was the first bedroom as soon as you walked in the house.
I love the artwork and the bright colors on the duvet.

There were 3 bedrooms upstairs and this kids room with two single beds was one of them.

I like all the artwork around the house.

The upstairs bathroom.

It had a clawfoot tub.

The kitchen was big and nice and open.

The primary bedroom and a nice four poster bed and I loved the bedding.

I liked the nice staircase - it would be fun to decorate for the holidays.

The living room had a gigantic sectional couch - it was comfortable and I liked the color.
There were five bedrooms over all and three bathrooms, a big backyard with a little patio and then a nice porch on the front and a really big mud room.
I loved it.

We put our stuff in the house then went for a walk.
We were in Strathcona very close to Whyte Ave and all the shops and restaurants and stuff.

We were going to check out Marlo's which is a new taco spot but there was a 30 minute wait so we walked next door to The Next Act pub which I've been wanting to try for some time and there was no wait there at all so we went there instead.

They had a special burger for the Barbie phenomenon that is currently all the rage.
I ended up ordering it.

I also ordered myself a Caesar which I thoroughly enjoyed.

My handsome honey.

There were quite a few open tables but that was because it was such a nice day outside so everyone wanted to sit on the patio.

Jason had a bluecheese burger with their house salad.

I had the Barbie burger with an arugula salad that had a pistachio crumb on it.
The burger was ok.

After we ate, we went for a little walk around - it was such a lovely evening.


We found an ice cream spot we wanted to try.

Waiting in line.

They make their own ice cream and they had some interesting flavors.

There was a long line up but it didn't take long to get through it.

Got our ice creams.

I had passionfruit & basil and Marcona Almond Chocolate Crunch.

We walked around a bit more - there are some cool murals in this area of town.

We saw a spot that did thick pancakes so we thought we'd try one but there was too long of a wait.
We did order lattes though.

We tried the mango latte and the sesame seed one.

Then we headed back to the house and waited until it was time to head to the airport to pick up my sister and the boys.

They were supposed to be in at 11 but got delayed until 11:45.

So I was kind of tired when I picked them up and forgot to take pictures but I was very happy to see them.
They were tired too after a ong day of travelling so they went to bed not long after we got back to the house.

Ha ha - I feel like this is so true.
I only get two days off each week and the thoughts of spending one of those days cleaning house is not appealing to me in any way, shape or form.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment