Sunday 27 August 2023

Last Full Day in Sylvan Lake (Aug.21, 2023)

I got up and the first thing I wanted to do was work on the puzzle.

Jen and Mom had worked on it for a while after I went to bed then Jen got working on it with me this morning and we had it completed by noon.
I do love doing puzzles but they completely take my life over.

Haylee has to work tomorrow so Crystal was taking her home today.
They found a sunflower maze in Lacombe they decided to take the girls to so they headed out.
We didn't want to go but said if Freya wanted to come back here for the night, we'd meet them somewhere and pick her up.
She ended up opting to go home to Swan Hills with her mom.

Once I had the puzzle out of the way, I got ready and headed out for a run.
I decided to try running along the bike bath we found yesterday.
Jason had already been out for a run this morning but he wanted to run some more so we headed out together.

It wasn't a beach day out there by any means but it was nice weather for running/walking.

I wasn't sure if I'd find the path but I did and I ended up running 8k.
The run felt really good today - I felt like I could have run even further.

The exercise details.

My average pace and splits.

I checked on the GPS to see where Jason was and he had gone back to Spinnaker's Cafe for a Banh Mi so I met him over there.
He got a beef one and a chicken one thinking I might want to share.
I didn't think I wanted one but once I tasted them - they were delicious and they totally hit the spot.

He got another of the Ube drinks for us to share as well and it was super good.
After that we started walking back home but there was another cafe we passed that I wanted to check out along the way.

Jason got a nanaimo bar.

I got a passionfruit drink with rainbow jelly in it.
I didn't care for the rainbow jelly.
I also got oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and they were super good.

Since it was our last night here we decided to all go out for dinner.
We looked up a few places and in the end chose the Fireside Grill right on Lake Shore Drive.

It wasn't that busy so there was no problem seating us all together.
Had to take two pictures because Rob is missing from this one.

And Declan was missing from this one.

I had a hard time deciding what I wanted - I was thinking the beef deep but it said it was on panini bread and I wasn't sure what that meant and I wasn't sure if I would like it.
Jason had decided on the chicken club so he said he'd get the beef dip and I could get the chicken club and we'd share so that's what we did.

Turned out the chicken club wasn't that good but the Beef Dip was probably the best beef dip I've had in my life ever.
The french fries were really good too.
Everyone really enjoyed their meals and it was nice that we were all able to be together.

A few of us went for ice cream after.
Ethan, Jen and Mom.

Ethan and Jen.
Declan skipped the ice cream and went back to the Airbnb with Rob, Morgan and Callum.

Jason and I.
I had a scoop of the Raspberry Chocolate Truffle and it was sooooo yummy.

We took everyone back to the house then Jason and I went out for a walk.
Came across a friendly kitty.

This truck around the corner from where we stayed filled with flowers was really pretty.

We packed up everything getting ready because we have to leave tomorrow and then Mom, Rob, Jen and I had a few more games of cards before calling it a night.

Crystal, Haylee, Zepplyn and Freya made it back to Swan Hills.
They said they really enjoyed the maze and Crystal posted some pictures from their day I thought I'd share here.

Krazy Family Farms.

The sunflowers were all blooming.

The Gourd, The Bad and the Ugly - too cute.

Nice tractor.

Great idea for a photo op.

The sunflowers are pretty but not as pretty as my little Freya.

Another cool old truck photo prop.

Testing out the digging tools.

Always drawing - she's an artist at heart.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment