Monday 28 August 2023

So Long Sylvan Lake and Happy Birthday Freya (Aug.22, 2023)

We had to be checked out of the Airbnb by 10 so I was up early and out for a run. 

Since it was my last day I wanted to run by the lake again.

Take two with the Sylvan Lake sign.

Great photo prop - should have taken pictures with all of us by it but never thought of it.

It's so nice to get out and run early - it's so quiet and peaceful - there is barely anyone around.

I ended up getting 6.5k in and it felt so good.

The exercise details.

The average pace and splits.

It was grey and gloomy out but otherwise very nice.
A perfect day for a run.

Super sweaty when I made it back to the house - luckily I had time to grab a quick shower before we had to pack up and get out.

We put most of the luggage in Jason's truck and they he just drove by himself.
Rob took Jen and the boys with him and I took Mom, Morgan and Callum with me.

I had planned on stopping at Walmart in either Drayton Valley or Whitecourt but realized that the GPS wasn't taking me that way.
I was near Spruce Grove when it dawned on me so I made a pit stop in there.
I needed to go to Walmart for a few things - If I'd known I would have just went in Sylvan Lake before I left.

Jason stopped in Barrhead to do a bit of shopping.

He found these cool earrings that he picked up for Freya for her birthday which happens to be today.

When we got home, I unpacked and put everything away then I got Freya's birthday presents wrapped up and we got ready to head over there.

They went swimming so it was a little later when we went over.

Randy was there.

Rita and Lloyd came up from Barrhead and Mom came over with me.

She wanted to rip into her presents right away.

Zepplyn stayed close by so she could get a first hand look at everything.

Look at the pile of gifts she's amassed already.


Jen and I.

She's opening them so fast it looks like a blur.


Auntie Jen giving her a hand.

I'm glad Jen was still here and able to come.

She just has to be saucy sometimes.

We got her a bag of hot cheesies and you can't tell by the look on her face but she was pretty happy about it.

Then it was time for cake.

Jason called Super A this morning and asked them to make one for her and I think they did a pretty good job.

Happy 5th birthday Freya.

Umm, what happened here - missed her mouth I guess?

Same thing happened to Freya.

It was nice to celebrate her birthday with her.
Haylee is having a party for her tomorrow afternoon but Jason has to work and he really wanted to be able to celebrate with her so it was good.

These are some pictures took while we were in Sylvan Lake that I liked so I thought I'd share here.
Some I was with him for, others he saw on runs or bike rides when he was by himself.

I love when they plant flowers in these old hunks of junk.

Railroad tracks.

Wooden bridge.

Sunflower and bee.

This was drawn on the path of one of the trails that we found.

Freya slaying it on her bike.

Random joker card in the woods.

Really? That is quite a declaration.

Condos on the lake.

 

Boats on the lake.

The water is so calm it's like glass.

I love, love, love this giant anchor.

We saw a couple houses that had old boats like this in their landscaping with flowers in them.
Very pretty.

So funny because it's true.
I used to want to stay up late all the time when I was a kid and now a lot of nights I can't wait to go to bed.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment