Wednesday 30 August 2023

Getting Some Nice Summer Heat (Aug.29, 2023)

 It was another really warm, beautiful day out there.

It's hazy or smoky, not sure which, but the temperature is amazing.

I got out for walk to the road and back this morning before my 10 am meeting.
It's like beach weather out there.

At lunch I headed out for a run.
It was hard, I think because of the temperature but I managed to run 5.5k.

The exercise details.

My average pace and splits.

I dressed a little more appropriately for the heat today at least.
As always, I was happy to be done my run.

The rest of the afternoon at work was kind of slow - There are a lot of people on vacation too so it's really quiet.
I was supposed to be going on vacation tomorrow - we were going to head to Jason's parents then up to the NWT's but we can't go now since there are fires burning up there and the places we'd planned on visiting are all evacuated right now.
So I cancelled my vacation.

I do still have Friday and Monday off so I'll still have a nice long weekend.
We may do something still - haven't decided.
This is our last Happy Friday of the summer - super bummed about that.
When I got home, I made a couple of wreaths.
I finally was able to find some of the burlap ribbon.

I got this cute little ghost at the dollar store so I think I'll make one of these wreaths into a Halloween one.
The other I think I'll make into a Thanksgiving one.

While I made them, I watched some crafting videos.
I have a couple of pumpkin shaped wreath forms and I was finding ideas on things to make with them.
I did see some good ideas, might work on them this weekend if we don't end up going anywhere.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment