Saturday 11 April 2020

Snow Removal, Chocolate Cake & Baby F (Apr.6, 2020)

I noticed lots of people online lately looking for puzzles and since I've done both of these now, I thought I'd pass them along for someone else to enjoy.

I took pictures and posted them on Facebook for free.

My niece ended up saying that she would take them within and hour of me posting.

My son does some snow removal for Miss H's uncle so he brought the little cat down and got rid of some snow from our driveway for us.

This is the first time I've seen the concrete in the driveway for months.

He got rid of A LOT of snow for us.

I was happy to see it go.
He was there for a few hours and he did a wonderful job.
The snow is really sticking around this year, unfortunately.

My Aunt in PEI asked people on Facebook to share a picture of something that made them happy today and my sister posted this of Mr E & Mr D.
I sure miss those faces - again, how I wish they weren't so far away.

Paddington found someone new to cuddle with when My Honey isn't available.

My Honey wasn't available because he was busy baking a cake.
He made a chocolate cake.

Then he made caramel, mixed some of it with cream cheese and left some just as is and put it as a layer between the cakes.
He also added some sea salt and pink peppercorns.

Then he repeated again with another layer

So 3 layers of cake and two of cream cheese, caramel, sea salt & pink peppercorns.

He topped it off with a chocolate ganache and more s & p.
I can't wait to try it.

While he was doing that, I was working.  It is Monday after all.
I was on the treadmill getting my steps in for a few minutes each hour and by the end of the day I had almost an hour and a half in.

Love reaching my goals.

The ham yesterday made me think of Cuban sandwiches and I mentioned it to My Honey.
As always, he made my dreams come true and cooked them up for supper today.

It hit the spot perfectly!

He made lots which was good because I had two.

I would have had more but I wanted to leave room for cake.

I must admit, I had two slices.
It was dense, moist and rich - just the kind of cake that I love.

After supper, we stopped over to my son's, they were having supper.

Baby F was playing shy at first.

I think it was just an act.

Before too long, she was sharing her supper with us.

Then is was just business as usual, getting My Honey to chase her around the house.

She loves that he gives her his undivided attention.

She loves looking at books and finding things so that's what they did.

She's so proud of herself when she finds the things in the pictures that we ask her to.

She is a smart little cookie.

Son enough though, her silly side kicked in.

Just being silly with Grandpa J.

Selfie with Grandma and Grandpa J.

Smile.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment