Saturday 21 December 2019

The Tree Is Up! (Dec.7, 2019)

I felt nice and rested this morning when I woke up, such a nice feeling.
I got up when My Honey left for work, made a coffee and found a Christmas movie to put on.

Our Christmas Love Song.

I didn't really sit and watch it, it was just on in the background while I got busy decorating the tree.
The first step was getting the lights on.
I put the chairs all around the tree like this so I can walk around easily and reach the top.

It took a bit but I got them all on.

By that time I was ready for some breakfast.
I made mom & I eggs, kodiak cakes and warmed up some left over chicken breast.

I found another movie to put on while I worked on getting the decorations on the tree.

My son and family dropped by for a visit later in the afternoon.

My mama.
She's been wrapping presents non stop for me, bless her.
She was happy to take a break from it today.

Baby F just loves the table set that My Honey made and sits there at it all the time.
She also has started climbing on it too so we really have to watch her.

Testing out some snacks.

She mostly just licked on it - don't know if that means it's good or bad?

She's started climbing on things, mommy is telling her not to do it.

Ha ha ha, OMG, this is the look she gives when someone tells her 'no'!
Hilarious!!!

She had to jump off the table over to dad.

Back up on the table.

Now she's trying to climb up onto the cupboard.

I distracted her with some chocolate chips.

The faces on this one - I love them.

I though chocolate chips would be a perfect snack but she did kind of choke on one a little bit so I won't be giving her any more of those.

She's trying to get to those puffy snacks.
At least those melt in your mouth.

I've been craving a beef pot roast so I made one with roasted vegetables for supper.
 There was lots so I told the kids they might as well stay for supper.

Roast beef isn't My Honey's favorite but any hot meal after a long day at work tastes good.

My mom enjoyed it.

Miss H was loving the turnip.
It's been a long time since I've made turnip but I enjoyed it as well.
Think I need to bring it back into the rotation.

There was pudding for dessert.

Baby F does NOT like to be fed.

She's very independent and wants to do it herself.

It can get a bit messy but that's ok.

Not much was making it to her mouth though so My Honey tried to feed her a spoonful.

She was having none of that and had to take it and feed it to herself.
She's growing up so fast, not a baby anymore.

After they left, I got some ribbon put on the tree.

That was it for me, I was done.
It took me all day to do it so even though I had more ribbon, I decided I was good with how this looked.

On Facebook, someone posted this tree they made out of sea glass and I just love it.
I think it's beautiful and think I'll have to get some sea glass next summer in PEI so I can make one of these myself.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment