Saturday 21 December 2019

A Day of Baking (Dec.8, 2019)

I got up early again today and got started in on my to do list immediately.

Miss H wanted to make this sign for her Grandfather so I cut it with the Cricut, got it onto this sign that I picked up at Walmart and put Mod Podge all around the edges of the stencil which I read is supposed to help with bleeding.
I'll let Miss H paint it whatever color she wants to.

Then I got to baking.
I made ginger cookies, peanut butter cookies and snicker doodles.

I've found this recipe a few years back and everyone always loves these cookies.

I made a batch of shortbread cookies too.

They turned out pretty good.

I also made a batch of sugar cookies.
I found a recipe online and added orange zest and anise to the dough.
Once I had it all mixed, I rolled it in saran wrap and put it in the fridge to rest.

Paddington's new favorite place to hang out.

I had leftovers for supper.

My feet were hurting from standing on them all day long for baking so I found me a Hallmark movie and settled in to watch it.
I kind of kept getting up to do other things though so I didn't give it my full attention.

I thought that I would cut the sugar cookies and try to decorate them tonight but I was done.
I'll do that tomorrow.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

2 comments: