Friday 27 October 2017

Trees, Trees and More Trees!

This morning was weigh in day.
259 lbs
Not surprisingly I'm just hovering back and forth right around here.
I believe I will get past this - I WILL.

I totally forgot to eat my breakfast I was so busy at work that I had a huge plate of leftovers for lunch.

There was a kitty conference going on at our place after work.

My Honey made me coconut shrimp soup for supper and it was so creamy and tasty, just the right amount of sweetness.
He skipped the chicken this time and subbed in shrimp - great call!

I thought curling started back up so I went down there and found the place empty except for the ice guy.
He said the ice wasn't quite ready so it had been delayed until next week so I went on back home.
My Honey & I watched The Little Couple and The Johnston's.
Not his favorites but he survived.

Some more memories of our Nova Scotia / New England Trip in 2014 popped up.

This was outside our hotel room in Portland, aren't those tree colors just gorgeous?
Those red ones are what I would call a ketchup tree.

I have a thing for trees and this was just another one we saw along our way.

This was the view from our hotel room in Vermont just over the New Hampshire border.

Another view behind the same hotel.

Another from the hotel in Vermont.

and another - I just can't get enough of those beautiful trees.

This was an old covered bridge we came across in our travels.

I can see why they are so romanticized, the whole scene just shouted autumn romance.

We happened upon this place on our way to Hartford, it was in Manchester, Connecticut.
It is called Catsup & Mustard.
It had been featured on Diner's Drive-Ins and Dives so you know we had to check it out.
The food was super good and they were all ready for halloween.

My Honey just had to get a photo with hamburger man.

Yet another stunning tree I was treated to on our journey.

Me on my way into the First & Last Bakery.
I was about to experience the best macaroon cookie of my life but I didn't know it yet at this point.

We had homemade sandwiches there and they were huge.  You could tell they were made freshly and they were just fabulous.

We are back on the highway again and heading to Salem.
Those trees though!

We went to the Witch Museum in Salem.
My Honey was so frightened - ha ha, not.

I was trying not to stand out in the crowd.
Can you tell which one is me?

This was a ship in Salem.
Love those old sail ships with all the masts and rigging.
They look so cool.

Our final destination for this trip was Boston.
This was the view from our Hotel Room.
We were right down town but kind of in a residential area.

Boston.

Had to have a Boston Cream Doughnut of course!

Had to go to Cheers to.

Being here made me think of my dad.
Growing up I used to watch this show with him often.

My nephew was very into Thomas at the time so I thought he would enjoy seeing this awesome costume.

They had these random frames in Boston Common for taking pictures so we put them to good use.

My Handsome fella!

The main thing I wanted to do in Boston was hit up Wahlburgers.
Our final night there we did just that.
It was quite a drive from our hotel room as it isn't actually in Boston but 45 minutes later, we made it.

I was so happy!
We tried three different burger, the Donnie, The Paul and The Mark.
The Donnie was the favorite for both of us.

We bought a couple of tshirts while we were there and then when we got back to the hotel we couldn't find them anywhere.
We figured we must have left them at the restaurant but we it was too far to go back and check.

I was a bit upset over it so My Honey researched and found out we could order the exact same ones online so that is what we did.
I think honestly that I only ended up wearing it once.
Not because I didn't like it but because I have put on weight since then and it no longer fits me.

That finishes things up for today.
Until next time, be happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment